- by cregox, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5boy, was it hard to find an extension able to do such a simple textarea trick to resize its size so i could print the full form to pdf on android! thanks for this wonderful extension!!
- by gcyrillus, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5I was a user of EditCSS, which was attached on the side of the window This is what i miss the most here.
(i dislike the popup that can be moved and its opacity) A neat side bar is fine.
It would allow to add/edit styles without loading every style sheet from the page opened. That was a great and simple tool saving time , you could load or save a local file.
I used it to create my style sheet and could open/save them locally and see right away the result. No need to run a whole editing program I wish we would have these basic options too . i find myself using mostly jsbin or codepen editors for those purpose instead while editing live a page for debugging i use the webtools from the browsers . Searching again to see if anything alike EditCSS came up, i found this addon and realized it was already installed . A light version able to open/save local style sheet would be great (Also not running a server - light and simple should be plenty efficient ;) ).
Thanks for reading.
- by Raf, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5Отсутствует кнопка закрепления. При повторном открытии поисковика приходится активировать снова.
There is no pin button. When you re-open the search engine you have to activate again.
- by Firefox user 14783576, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5I wish it'd permanently save the changes. The fact that I have to open the addon from the icon every time is annoying. Would this be possible to fix?
- by Firefox user 14475097, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Super efficient live editor !
I believe that an external window would be specially useful for Responsive design.
Changing the blue color to a more neutral dark-grey (#555 or so) could be good also to avoid style disturbing. A bit of material design wouldn't harm it either, while less important.
In fact to be ideal, you should offer a Light/Dark theme switcher where the whole layout would be White or dark, without borders, but a neat shadow ;-)
Thanks already for your work.
If you'd appreciate help for the UI CSS, ask me and I'll answer you with pleasure.Glad that you like it :-)
Possible features/changes are listed in the page at https://github.com/webextensions/live-css-editor/blob/master/TODO.md
Implementing that would be a bigger change. There is an existing workaround which can solve the use-case of editing in responsive design view to an ok-enough level. You can use the feature "Watch CSS files to apply changes automatically" and follow the instructions there to set it up. After that, open your file in any code editor and edit it. You changes would reflect immediately.
Providing light/dark theme:
That may need an alternative copy of the icons and the UI for it. Since that is extra effort, I'm currently lazy about it ;-)
Changing the background color to neutral dark-gray with appropriate shadow:
That can be done.
I've added your suggestions in the TODO file mentioned above, but may not be taking them up soon due to other listed priority tasks or time constraints. PRs are welcome :-)
- by Firefox user 13994045, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Nice, can you make it that the code also works without opening the extension?This is pending for the Firefox version of the extension due to Firefox bugs mentioned at https://github.com/webextensions/live-css-editor/blob/master/TODO.md#improvements
There is scope for adding some sort of workaround. That may be added later.
- by M. Möhling, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Works well, thank you. One issue, though; after cleaning the browser cache or after aborted browser sessions the stored custom css strings tend to get lost. Seems like the storage place for the add-on has a problem. Also, it takes a little too long to load.Glad that you like it :-)
1. Regarding storage - The styles that you type are stored in "localStorage". When you are cleaning the history, you may just uncheck the "Offline Website Data" option in the "Clear Recent History".
2. Regarding taking too long to load - This is partly an issue from our end because the whole extension consists of so many different files. We can optimize it by bundling the most of the code into just a few files. The reason for not attempting that was the fact that using minified code would make the approval process for Mozilla extension store take longer time. I believe that Mozilla's extension approval process has now become a lot more automated and faster. We may now be able to attempt a fix for this problem by bundling the application code without adding much delay to the update/release process. Though it might take a little time before we make that change.
- by Firefox user 13660485, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Wonderful extension ! Makes me save a lot of time !
Is there a way to show it in a separated window ?:-)
That feature is not there yet. Mainly because there was no strong use case for that. Do you have any scenario where the current floating editor doesn't work well and you think a separate window would suit better ? Can those scenarios be fixed in the current floating editor ?
Kindly describe the issue/request at https://github.com/webextensions/live-css-editor by creating an issue there :-)