- by sojusnik, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5The development of this add-on has stopped, because the creator of this add-on has passed away, see https://github.com/evilnickname/link-text-location-copier/issues/34
- by Firefox user 12891445, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Excellent replacement for CoLT, nice improvement over Format Link. Question: Would it be possible to change the format of the timestamp (%L) with this add-on?
- by xeem, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5thank you for this! i've been looking for a CoLT replacement that could copy a selection/title and link and paste it to visual TinyMCE (WordPress editor) with the proper mime type so it ends up as an HTML link - perfect!
- by Firefox user 14026143, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5I use this addon to cite text from websites with the page URL. Unfortunately, "Context dependant custom format variables" stopped copying URL's for plain text, after a Firefox update.
I checked on the author's page for the addon: https://evilnickname.github.io/link-text-location-copier/
It offered "Context independant custom format variables" in a second table. I used those. Changing the "plain text" menu format works perfectly (even, at the moment, in Nightly):
%selection% — %N — %pagetitle% — %N — %pageurl%
- by Firefox user 13442150, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Sehr gut, aber es fehlt noch eine Kleinigkeit: wenn man auf eine URL mit Bild klickt, sollten die URL des Bildes, der Alternativtext und die eigentliche URL zur Verfügung stehen. Wir brauchen also noch ein "%I"-Tag! Außerdem sollte die Übesetzung der Tags auch mehrfach funktionieren (mehrere %U in einer Zeile).
English: very good, only a simple function is missing. If you click on a link with picture, the picture URL, alternative text and underlying URL should be copied. So we need something like an "%I"-Tag. And the tags should be replaced in all occurences (like more than one %U in a line of text).
€: I used "Make Link" before and it helps copying product links in to forum BB-code. So you have a picture, description (alternative text) and URL all in one with one click.Thanks for your review. In the new version (1.4.2, released moments ago), I made it possible to use the same 'tag' multiple times. It never occurred to me to think of that, so thanks for bringing it up.
Support for copying images is on my road map, but I'm still not sure how to do that in a way that makes sense.
Update: I've added a %I variable, that will return the image url. I really have to think about adding some conditional logic to the templates to make it really useful, but it's a start.
- by alwayslearning, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Thanks for this--nice options, and it works!
Time saver when compiling bibliography-references, contributing meaningful links in forums, and creating "how-to" docs.