Reviews for Grammar Checker and Text Rewriter — Linguix
Grammar Checker and Text Rewriter — Linguix by Linguix.com
Review by Agustin
- Rated 1 out of 5by Ratteler, 2 months agoThis Extension popped open windows in front of text I was trying to edit to terrorize and bully me into buying their pro version.
This kind of behavior should come with THE MOST EXTREME form of punishment.
Avoid this abusive behavior.
There is literally NOTHING this company can to "unring" this abuse for me.
I will be reaching out to every form of social media to the communities I am a part of to avoid these "terrorists" at all costs.
Your competition thanks you Linguix.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Asura^X, 5 months agoSuspicious behavior. After installing the extension, it opens an unlimited number of self-promoting tabs, in which there is a message asking for the installation of "Linguix for Firefox extension" already installed.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13455044, 2 years agoVery annoying reminders about buying suspension with questionable utility plugin
- Rated 2 out of 5by L P, 2 years agoI would be satisfied with Linguix if it weren't because it keeps on slowing down or jamming my system, to the extent I have to restart Firefox multiple times AND the fact I installed an add-on to see what sites and applications are tracking me, and Lingix is CONSTANTLY placing cookies in my computer, even when I am not writing and not actively using it. Since I installed this other add-on to block Linguix cookies, my browser is actually working faster and not jamming. I'm concerned because I allowed linguix even in private mode. And it's obviously constantly tracking me and placing cookies and I do not know where my info will end up. So, I'm uninstalling Linguix mainly due to privacy concerns, and the fact it slows down my system. Otherwise, it is a really nice application. A shame it has these problems. It also lets a few errors slip by uncorrected from time to time. It would be great if that were fixed, and it got Firefox badge of approval ("recommended")
Update: despite having UNINSTALLED Linguix, it keeps on planting cookies on my browser and tracking me from website to website!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 16611450, 2 years agoI use Linguix every day now for all my emails. I have been a happy customer since July 2020.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Anthony Davies, 2 years agoI am enjoying using the Linguix as it works perfectly on Slack and Frase.io, my two favorite tool I use for work. Compared to Grammarly, the price is always more affordable.
- Rated 3 out of 5by skpManiac, 2 years agoI would love to give this 5 stars but the fact it always tries to make me write in American infuriates the hell out of me!
Let me quote YOUR description:
Linguix.com is the best way to find and eliminate spelling issues in your English texts anywhere on the web.
It is set to UK British English so I do not expect to be told that words like ORGANISED are spelt wrong because I used an S instead of a Z. This makes the entire plug-in useless!
The devs need to realise that English is English, NOT American English, just because Americans bastardised our language does not mean that we will adapt to their way of spelling words incorrectly.
If this cannot be fixed I will revert back to Grammarly which is a lot slower but much more accurate.
- Rated 5 out of 5by lolrepeatlol, 3 years agoIt's Grammarly but without all of my keystrokes being saved on their servers.