- by L P, 9 months agoRated 2 out of 5I would be satisfied with Linguix if it weren't because it keeps on slowing down or jamming my system, to the extent I have to restart Firefox multiple times AND the fact I installed an add-on to see what sites and applications are tracking me, and Lingix is CONSTANTLY placing cookies in my computer, even when I am not writing and not actively using it. Since I installed this other add-on to block Linguix cookies, my browser is actually working faster and not jamming. I'm concerned because I allowed linguix even in private mode. And it's obviously constantly tracking me and placing cookies and I do not know where my info will end up. So, I'm uninstalling Linguix mainly due to privacy concerns, and the fact it slows down my system. Otherwise, it is a really nice application. A shame it has these problems. It also lets a few errors slip by uncorrected from time to time. It would be great if that were fixed, and it got Firefox badge of approval ("recommended")
Update: despite having UNINSTALLED Linguix, it keeps on planting cookies on my browser and tracking me from website to website!
- by Anthony Davies, 9 months agoRated 5 out of 5I am enjoying using the Linguix as it works perfectly on Slack and Frase.io, my two favorite tool I use for work. Compared to Grammarly, the price is always more affordable.
- by Rajmeister, 9 months agoRated 4 out of 5In looking for a better spellcheck for that various things that I do in Firefox browser windows, I ran across this. I have yet to actually use the add-on but am already deducting a single star from my rating because there is a very *clear* typographical error in the first screenshot (Get rid of mistakes forever) where the developer writes "when ***tou*** start typing...."
- by skpManiac, 10 months agoRated 3 out of 5I would love to give this 5 stars but the fact it always tries to make me write in American infuriates the hell out of me!
Let me quote YOUR description:
Linguix.com is the best way to find and eliminate spelling issues in your English texts anywhere on the web.
It is set to UK British English so I do not expect to be told that words like ORGANISED are spelt wrong because I used an S instead of a Z. This makes the entire plug-in useless!
The devs need to realise that English is English, NOT American English, just because Americans bastardised our language does not mean that we will adapt to their way of spelling words incorrectly.
If this cannot be fixed I will revert back to Grammarly which is a lot slower but much more accurate.
- by Louis R. Tursi, a year agoRated 5 out of 5This is by far the best grammar checker I have ever used. Seriously, forget about Grammarly, that's nothing compared to this. Also, in comparison, this one actually gets it right and does not attempt to fix mistakes that were never there, nor does it miss any mistakes that I have made.