- Rated 1 out of 5by artedamoda.photo, 7 months agonefunguje
Developer responseposted 7 months agoIf it doesn't work, that's most likely because you haven't entered the settings correctly. Please consult the documentation: https://www.proginosko.com/leechblock/
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 17319337, a year agoWhat does 'Override' meant to do?? By the description I understand it will suspend blocking but the pages are STILL being blocked even though I set an overriding time and click OK.
Developer responseposted a year agoYou have to select "Allow temporary override for these sites" for the specific block sets you want to allow to be overridden. (It says that below the "Temporary Override" options.) Thanks for the review! :)
- Rated 1 out of 5by CamilliLa, 2 years agoCan't believe that adding a web site doesn't allow (copy-and-) paste. You have to TYPE the web site?There is a bug (currently under investigation) that prevents the context menu from appearing in the options page. The workaround for copy-paste is to use keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, etc.) or top menu bar.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 16884736, 2 years agoIts not blocking anythingPlease post to the community support forum and we'll try to help you out.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13953226, 2 years agoIts not blocking anything no matter my settings. I went to the forums like the dev said but absolutely nothing came out of it. Its been months and this add-on still does nothing at all.Please post to the community support forum and we'll try to help you out.
- Rated 1 out of 5by luxus224, 2 years agoDoesn't work at all for me. This is the second website blocking extension that didn't work.Please post to the support forums for more assistance: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/leechblock/
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 15822115, 3 years agoI'm not happy to write this review.
I always thought that Leechblock NG was perfect, but yesterday I found out that I can easily disable it by going through the add-on options. Without typing the random password.
I have tried to follow the instructions on this site https://www.proginosko.com/leechblock/faq/
But after hours I didn't solve anything.
I think I'll try "FocusMe" software.
- Rated 1 out of 5by MeHumanISwear, 3 years agoWhen you can't control yourself with social media, to use this app would be helpful, if it wasn't so easy to disable in Firefox's options. You can even unblock the site at will. There is nothing an extension can do with these things, so try out an app. I'm trying FocusMe out, if I find it for free somewhere. It's not a bad extension, it's just too easy to get around it if you have no power over yourself. I hope this gets checked out and helps someone.Users can limit their access to the options page, to prevent easy circumvention of blocks. Additional measures for preventing disabling/uninstalling the extension are detailed in the FAQ:
- Rated 1 out of 5by twonky, 3 years agoAs soon as I install/enable this extension, Firefox slows down exponentially. If I let it run for more than a minute or two I end up locked out of my desktop environment and I'm forced to hard restart my machine.
Tested on Firefox 73.0.1, Kubuntu 18.04, KDE/Plasma 5.12.9Please post bug reports on GitHub: https://github.com/proginosko/LeechBlockNG/issues
- Rated 1 out of 5by jalkahiki, 3 years agoI followed the very clear instructions to make sure I wasn't missing anything, and I had set up the add on correctly. Still, it straight up blocked a site, although I had set it up to block me after 30 minutes. It's a very easy to use system, and I am 100% certain that I didn't tell the add on to block me- I set it up to block me after 30 min in a day. I hadn't used the website at all yet today. The grayscale filter also produced an intolerable level of lag that resolved when I removed the add-on. I installed a similar add on that was able to allow me limited access to the target website.If you export your settings (Options > General > Export Options to File) and email them to email@example.com I will work with you to figure out why it isn't blocking as you want.
- Rated 1 out of 5by oravavaara, 3 years agoInstead of limiting the time I could spend on the target website, it entirely blocked it and redirected to the alternate website I had selected. I hadn't used the target website at all today, and it wouldn't allow me to use it for the 30 minutes I had set it up for. If you want to just block a website, this is effective for that, but if you're looking to limit the time you spend on a website, you'll have to find something else.I'm willing to bet that LB is doing exactly what you told it to do, but you entered the wrong settings. Please consult the examples page for clarification: https://www.proginosko.com/leechblock/examples/
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 14659692, 4 years agoProbably a bug, but this extension slows firefox down to a crawl on Kubuntu 18.04 (up to date as of 02/25/19). Loading URL webpages takes significantly longer.