- Rated 4 out of 5by ModZero, 3 months agoWell, it's a solid extension that does what it says on the tin - unfortunately it's no longer enough, apparently. For example I tried to use it to enable previews of Twitter pages in pinboard.in's organize mode - and sure, the view itself loads, but it's broken, because other requests and scripts fail in ways I'm not motivated enough to investigate.
The web has changed. The header itself is incredibly useful - click jacking was a scourge, and sometimes really is. But the approach has its downsides.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Jonathin, a year agoSimply doesn't work. I tried to use it in a HTML file with Google.com, and it still output the same frame is "denied by X-Frame-Options directive set to SAMEORIGIN“.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Maurice, a year agoVery clever. I am writing a web page that used to pop a new window with a framebusting web site. With this extension I can now put it in an iframe next to related data.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 16842486, a year agoFirefox's new security policy is obviously stupid, because it allows web sites to dictate how you can view them, and there's no built-in exception mechanism. My home page has an embedded Google calendar frame, and without this extension, I can't view it at all, even though the Google URL I'm using is intended to be embedded. Does that mean that Google's web site is misconfigured? Probably, but why should I be punished for that?
- Rated 5 out of 5by Realife_Brahmin, 2 years agoWorked for me for paying my Netflix subscription.
Edit: Thanks a lot for the warning! I've disabled the 'Ignore X frame' from the extension's menu by default and would only enable it when I'm sure that I'm paying via the correct website.Please care that when you disable x frame option you are exposed to « clickjacking » as it is designed to protect you from
Always ensure you realy are on netflix.com in the address bar when you type your personal and credit card informations or they may be stolen .
- Rated 5 out of 5by Zebra, 2 years agoSuddenly today I could not get to the back end of a site at work. I refuse to use Chrome or Microsoft browsers. Thank you so much for this app, quick install and worked instantly!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Electrotechie, 2 years agoOK, now it works. I had "new tab override" installed pointing to Google. All worked fine until I updated to Firefox 77.0.1. Then I got the "X frame" error. I loaded Ignore X-frame-option plugin but could not make it work. Then uninstalled both new tab override and ignore X-frame-option. When receiving the developer response I realoaded both and now it works. Not being a Firefox guru, I have NO idea why but now I am very happy bunny. Many thanks.