Reviews for ImageAssistant Batch Image Downloader
ImageAssistant Batch Image Downloader by Mr.Pullywood
Review by wowbbs
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 14520466, 3 months agoExcellent extension, allows to download all pics on a number of different websites, with the option to filter them so you only download the highest res. Bulk download from instagram also possible (albeit only the first picture is downloaded, when it's a group). The chrome version seems to work a bit better.
- Rated 4 out of 5by vapido, 5 months agoI love this extension and have used if for a couple of years.
One oddity is that the extension uses a lot of CPU cycles even when the browser first launches and has no open tabs !!!
In firefox' task manager the extension is consistently the top energy user within the browser (always scores ~20 in the energy impact column - even when nothing is being downloaded and NO TABS ARE OPEN). Hovering over the extension in FF task manager reveals a consistent rate of ~300-~500 dispatches per second, non-stop (again, even when the browser has no open tabs and has just launched)
The issue can be seen from the operating system level ... firefox consumes 5%-10% CPU non-stop. The cpu utilization drops to near-zero the moment I disable this extension.
It isn't a huge problem, but sometimes the extra cpu utilization is just enough to kick in the cpu cooling fans, which are annoying to listen to.
I wonder if the developer can add some sleeps to his code that would avoid the extension from constantly spinning its wheels.
This is on a linux system (linux mint). Not sure if it occurs in Windows' version of firefox.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Malkavian, 8 months agoBeen using this for years. Absolutely impeccable. Goes beyond your expectations.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 14285360, 9 months agoShould support zipping all images before downloading instead of showing multiple download dialogs at once. Other than that works great and I like how it sorts images from bigger to smaller.
- Rated 5 out of 5by ysmzxc, 10 months ago都挺好，就是不支持下载 base64 URL 编码的图片，还有就是小部分多地址提取貌似无法自动关闭标签页卡在 Tasks: 1