- by HonestReviews, a year agoRated 3 out of 5Just started using hideip. Hard to signup because the registration window disappears anytime you move the cursor out of it, making it near impossible to enter the information needed to register. Had to cut and paste everything in the first email box and then cut and past pw from there. They obviously have problems with their coding of the registration process. This is using FFox portable. Also one of the USA proxies is blocking access to firefox review site-this one. cannot access, filter/blocked by the proxy-shows the proxies they are using are screwing with peoples connections. Had to switch to UK proxy to post this review even after trying reload and new window. Cudos that they answer critical reviews here, shows they care about what they are doing. Proxy is easily identified as such making many sites inaccessible as you must use a residential proxy for many sites and these are not residential and can be easily blocked by website owners using proxy id software-totally defeats the reason for using the proxy to start with. Gave it a 3 star rating for now. more later. speed during 3 day trial for premium seems ok, lets see if it's really free after that. many complaints here that it isn't. Also they say u can use HideIP with a normal open proxy, but I could not connect when going through such a proxy.
- by iirat, a year agoRated 3 out of 5Под 52 ESR не работает. (хотя, ставится и ограничений по версии, в отличие от большинства подобных дополнений, в описании не указано).
На более последней версии браузера под win при этом проблем нет.
- by LezBoyd, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5I chose this extension because the devs are active in replying to concerns of the users, and primarily because the extension I was using thus far is no longer working properly in FireFox v57+.
It works fine for the most part, and does what it says. No issues there. But there are 2 issues that turn me off:
1. No separation between private and regular windows. If VPN is enabled in Private, it is also automatically activated in regular window. This is an issue because a lot of sites I use flag this as a security issue and either temp-deactivate my account, or auto-logoff me, or send me a security email alert, which means I get a slew of emails in 5 minutes of enabling VPN. My previous VPN had the option to enable only in Private window. I hope the devs would consider implementing this feature here also.
2. FREE gateways are ridiculously slow. Almost unusable. Sure, FREE options are usually slower because of high traffic volumes and lesser resources allocated, but these are slower even by that standard.Thanks for your comments! Sure, we will check if that possible to separate VPN for private and regular windows. If Firefox allows us to do so then no problem. However, with all recent updates, extension has less and less power to do anything to help user :( We struggle permission to recover proxy state after browser restart but Firefox does not give us such... only after first user click but any web page remaining from previous session could make unprotected request.
As for free gateways - you would not believe but we do NOT limit those gateways in any way. They are even twice stronger than paid ones because we know that there will be thousands of free users. So we did our best to make them as fast as paid ones... however, the amount of users are way too much (each free server uses 4tb and some even 6tb of traffic per month)