- Rated 5 out of 5Per chi usa Gnome è indispensabile. E' il modo più per gestire utili estensioni dal nostro browser preferito.
- Rated 1 out of 5This works. However, don't use it if you install a similar one for Chrome/Chromium, and you enable synchronization of GNOME extensions in Chrome/Chromium (as per https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2017/04/sync-gnome-shell-extensions-google-chrome). When I used both, then GNOME integration for Firefox uninstalled GNOME extensions that I had installed in Chrome.That is expected.
Firefox extension is using Firefox sync, Chrome extension is using your Google account. There is no connection between 2 sync accounts.
What did you expected?
- Rated 5 out of 5OK
- Rated 3 out of 5I have the native connector chrome-gnome-shell installed, the extension works fine on Chrome [currently running 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit)] but fails to detect the host connector on Firefox Developer Edition [currently running 65.0b5 (64-bit)]:
"Although GNOME Shell integration extension is running, native host connector is not detected. Refer documentation for instructions about installing connector."
- Rated 5 out of 5OK, I did get the connector to work for Debian. Add the Sid repo from Europe--as indicated on the top of the git page. Edit the /etc/apt/sources.list file from a root terminal--or with sudo (Ubuntu)--as indicated. Update the repos, and chrome-gnome-shell finally should be available. Install that then. Doing that will update to the correct python and other needed files, as well. It's my experience that the careful code-gods of Debian should agree--after a good while of cogitation and the tests of time. They'll then likely reject the Sid repo, and Debian repos will take over....
- Rated 3 out of 5Current Debian Jessie, Gnome 3.14.1, Firefox 63.0.3 (from Mozilla), Firefox-esr 63.0.3 (native). Can't get connector to install. "python3-requests" dependency not satisfiable. "python3-requests" not in repos, either. (Got .deb file and used gdebi.) chrome-gnome-shell not in repos. gnome-shell is. Tweak tool installed. gnome-shell is in toolbar--useless--only gnome.org site usable. Which repo may prove valid, and where? A few others report this about current Debian, too.> Current Debian Jessie
Why you rated chrome-gnome-shell for your distro issue?
Install all packages from sources if you distro missed them.
For chrome-gnome-shell manual installation read https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GnomeShellIntegrationForChrome/Installation
- Rated 4 out of 5the extension is buggy