Rated 3.9 out of 5
3.9 Stars out of 5
- by Dan, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Well, for syncing between different browsers, like Firefox and Chrome, it seems to work. Sort of. VERY annoying that at least the free version will not sync separators, though, so it would be stupid to use this to sync, say, from Firefox to Firefox, for which the Firefox built-in sync is vastly better.
- by Firefox user 13994892, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5The EverSync synchronization does indeed work, but in the free version it's very unreliable. If you somehow hit the free quota, the bookmarks are only partially synchronized or moved to the trash folder. It would be perfectly acceptable if the synchronization would fail completely, displaying an error message. But this way your bookmarks disappear without notice. This is completely unacceptable.
- by Firefox user 12897888, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5The Eversync sync system does not work reliably with large sets of Firefox bookmarks. It tends to auto-duplicate entire folders, and even if you add extra space, this duplication pattern is repeated on each additional sync. The limit for successful sync is also much lower than the supposed 1500 folder limit. The system is also very resource-consuming, perhaps through poor design. So, practically speaking, if you have lot of bookmarks, at present this add-on is useless.
I will return to Eversync when I see 5-star ratings being given consistently. Then I will be confident that they have fixed the various problems. However I am skeptical because my impression is that they may be under-resourced in terms of programmers, and there may also be an issue of programmer quality. Possibly they are reckoning that enough people will pay and so give them a window in which they can finance extra programmer resources. Is that a viable strategy? I don't know. Meanwhile they are polite and quite nice to deal with, so they get 2 stars from me rather than 1.
- by Firefox user 13168104, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5not working with firefox
Important, if you sync bookmarks between FireFox and Chrome!
FireFox folder "Unsorted" won't be synced by Chrome browser, but it will be synced by EverSync to FireFox. Read More >>
Any idea ?
Firefox 59.0.2 (64-bits) in dutch
- by Allen , 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Works vastly better than XMarks ever did. I have Firefox and Chrome both using native sync to align the cellphone and desktop versions, and I use EverSync to sychronise Chrome and Firefox on the desktop (which propagates back to the phone through the native sync). This all works perfectly. No duplicate bookmarks. Change a bookmark on any browser on any platform and it's eventually reflected everywhere. I love it.