- Rated 2 out of 5by ColinL5, 2 months agoWas great, Now Broken...
If you install a new copy it wont search for your location therefore you cant fix to your location so your stuck with new york. The work around is to over right the setup with a previous backup. Sort this issue and its back to 5 stars
- Rated 2 out of 5by anniebearw, 5 months agoUnable to change to my current location, has been busted like this for several days. Apparently the dev is located in Eukraine, hopefully safe but still, their country is at war and I wish them well.
- Rated 2 out of 5by bhupi, 5 months agoHasn't been able to get extended forecast all week. Weather radar works.. Hello developer, what is happening? Is it going to be fixed? Well I tried ver 4.25 and though it does work I can't change locations. I tried the trick of making sure no cookies are blocked and that https-only mode was off (that is what fixed the ability to add locations before) but now nothing. Is best addon I've ever used but I guess developer doesn't have to keep supporting it. That is something that really sucks about these addons.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 15564690, 3 years agoSep 17, 2023 Update - The last few days the app seems to be displaying the weather about an hour and a half late. The radar shows the current time but the timestamp on the weather information is about 90 to 120 minutes late. Unless this is fixed the app is unusable :(
- Rated 2 out of 5by TR75, 5 years agoThe settings are changed after every single update to the default values (including the city, Anglo-Saxon units and every other stuff). I really hate it. I must go to the add-on's page and make the full procedure again and again. Otherside the add-on is good but this thing is really frustrating.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Neoforcer, 6 years agoUsed to love this app but like others when this app is enable now in its current version it causes a memory leak the more you use this app the more the memory grows till Firefox Crashes. Disable this app and the memory leak is gone and firefox memory use stay the same. Firefox should not continue to increase memory with 5 tabs open and at idle with this app running. Apon disabling this app firefox return to normal memory behavior. I don't know what heppened but this app used to be good. Now it just slow down firefox.and makes the browser crash. please fix it... Hence the 2 stars until the memory leak is fixed
- Rated 2 out of 5by Mominator, 6 years agoThis morning, I got a notice saying that there is a script in Forecast Fox (fix version) slowing Firefox down. Please fix the issue. This is my favorite weather extension. Also, I preferred the version that sat in the status bar.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Grayfox, 6 years agoYou use to have a row(depending on the setting used) on the non "fix" version that would just show all the temperature in a row, this made it easy to quickly check what the weather would be like just by looking at it since each day had its own icon.
Eg If you had a set up to show 6 days ahead+current condition's you would have 7 icon for each so at a quick glance you could see what the weather for a few days ahead was most likely to be.
Why wouldnt this be added?
There is also the issue of the text box pop up when I told it to be disabled and the date format is in that horrid US layout and you cant change it.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Electronicbuff, 6 years agoBring back the ability to move the display to the left of my (_, O, X) buttons.
Not a fan of having it at the bottom.
Once it can be moved restore ability for it to have transparent boxes so I can see my background.
- Rated 2 out of 5by JimH, 6 years agoI can no longer use this add-on as it directly conflicts with web sites and other add-ons. Social Fixer loses icons when this add-on is in use and Forecastfox blocks my ability to sign into Lowe's web page. There maybe more conflicts but I am not aware of them.
- Rated 2 out of 5by CornCobMan, 6 years agoEver since it updated to 4.1, every tab has a little hovering button in the bottom right corner that expands into a 7 day forecast. This would be fine if you could actually hide the button or if it didn't print out when you print out a page.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 12833267, 6 years agoForecastFox (fix version) has long been a great add-on. The latest revision, sadly, hogs way too much space on the Firefox interface. It needs to give users the option to choose what information appears on FireFox. I would venture that most users do not need it to tell them everything about their location: city, state, zip code, country and time. Too much information takes up way too much space. It also is no longer playing nicely with NoScript. So please, allow us to specify how much locational information it provides on the Firefox interface and make it more friendly with NoScript.Problem with NoScript:
please install current version: NoScript Version 5.0.4
Last Updated: May 11, 2017
please read and answer:
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 13028825, 6 years agoI'd give one star but at least it works. Addonbar/statusbar may not be available but menubar is-which is where I keep (or kept) Forecastfox. Can't do that now so it's no use to me, I've deleted it.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 12755954, 6 years agoLike the older version better. This one is WAY TOO minimalist. Everything you need to know "quickly" isn't shown anymore unless you click. And then again, Satellite is so small it gets you on a new page... Well. Better put a hotlink to a REAL weather site. Gonna delete this. Sorry and & Thank you.Sorry, but the statusbar/addonbar is missing in new versions of Firefox.
The current version of Forecastfox is the version for the new API: WebExtensions
But I'm not guilty - these are the inevitable changes in Firefox.
All Xul-addons is die in Firefox 57 (November 2017)
But do not worry, I'll come up with a workaround and will return Forecastfox previous form