- by Firefox user 12385054, a year agoRated 1 out of 5Stopped working recently, claiming there is some kind of connection issue. Meanwhile everything else works as usual, so it's not like my internet disappeared.
- by Sundancer268, a year agoRated 1 out of 5Broke, you can no longer change locations from New York, I am almost 1000 miles from that location. Use to love this extension and would rate it a 5 in the past. I travel in the summer and would change locations daily as I moved. I have disabled NoScript, Privacy Badger and Ghostery with no change in the location settings. Please fix this ASAP.
- by Jez Me, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Decent addon, but even with automatic updates disabled for Firefox addons, and all my other addons set to default (I.E. NOT automatic) this is the only addon that bypasses the default setting, and updates itself without my permission. I had to physically set it to "off" to stop it from updating on its own. I wont have software that does that, and no other addon I use, bypasses the default setting like this
- by Batman, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Sorry but this add-on has been nothing but trouble since I added it. Slowed down my browser and kept popping up that a script was slowing down Firefox. Could not stop it temporarily or at all so I had to remove it. I can not recommend this add-on at this time. I like the idea but it needs work.
- by Donna Evans, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5I have used this add-om for years and with the last Windows 10 update it will not appear anywhere it did before. I can't even get into it anymore. Maybe someone out there can help with this problem,
- by SunnySkyez, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Well everything was just peachy, I enjoyed the app for at least a year. Than with this new update (fix version) the weather app says it cant connect to the weather service. I tried to unload and reload, nothing works. Its use less to me now. If anyone has a fix please post it, I really like this app.
- by Firefox user 13323800, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5The Firefox version of this add-on is no longer able to connect with the weather server. The Chrome version still works but the Firefox version is useless.
PS: Your suggested "solution" didn't work. Besides, it's up to you to fix the extension. Don't push off some complicated work-around on the user.
Developer responseposted 2 years agoyour browser forcibly redirects from http://forecastfox3.accuweather.com to https://forecastfox3.accuweather.com
but forecastfox3.accuweather.com doesn't have https
I'm using Firefox and Chrome, but don't have this problem with redirect....
and yes - I also check my firefox (and chrome) with the default settings and clear profile..
try this solution:
- by Firefox user 13968212, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Forcing tracking to see site in full page makes this a no go. Did not used to be this way.
Current conversation with Accuwaeather
Comments: My ad blocker is off. Yet I still get a banner that takes up a full third of the page asking me to turn it off.
Thank you for using AccuWeather.com.
The reason you are continuing to see the popup is because of an embedded feature in your Firefox browser, called Tracking Protection. This is an adblocker that is built into the web browser and is undetectable from ad block detectors.
You are able to whitelist AccuWeather in your browser and allow ads on our website by a simple click. Go to AccuWeather.com like you normally would and look at the top of the page where you enter the web address. To the left, there is a shield. Click that shield and then click “Disable For This Site.” This will disable the adblock for AccuWeather.com only.
Please reply back to this e-mail if you have additional questions.
Been using this add-on for years this just started a couple weeks ago.
AccuWeather Customer Support
Been using this add-on for years this just started a couple of weeks ago.
- by Firefox user 13077710, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5I've installed and uninstalled Forecastfox (fix version) several time. I don't live in New York, and when I attempt to change location, Forecastfox shows a Google map error, that the program can't open Google Map. Since there is no way to change or add locations, Forecastfox is useless. I'm using a weather app with less functions, but at least it works.