- by Waltraute, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5Like another reviewer I am suddenly having the problem that Disconnect prevents images appearing on Ebay.co.uk, even if the site is whitelisted. Only started happening TODAY, possibly because of Waterfox Classic July update (running on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS). So not your fault, but needs a workaround.
- by Firefox user 15408119, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Some issues with keep.google.com
Using my work account, I have no problems. Using instead my personal google account, I get about 5 notes to load, out of maybe 100, after which I get an eternal spinning wheel.
Whitelisting the site "keep.google.com" does allow all the notes to load.
There is an option to fill out a form on disconnect.me to report broken sites. Unfortunately, that form does not recognize that sites might have subdomains. So while I can report "google.com" as being broken (which it isn't), it does not allow me to report "keep.google.com" as broken, as it considers anything(?) with multiple dots in it to be an "invalid URL"(!)
- by Firefox user 15221730, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Vertical and horizontal scroll bars on the extension menu are very annoying.
Extension seemed like it would be useful, but the effed up menu drove me nuts.
- by Firefox user 13304330, 5 years agoRated 3 out of 5I've just found out about Disconnect through an old LH article, but when I want to install, it wants a shitload of permissions to my tabs and data. Some explanation would be nice. Written by a techie, not by a marketer, please.
Also, reading through a couple of reviews, I find the developer replies are not written by a dev but clearly by a 'communicator', they are typical corporate responses. This makes you sound like an advertising company, not like a bunch of geeks I would trust.
Prove me wrong, I challenge thee.
Sidenote, AMO won't let me post a review without a rating, so I went for the middle ground here. Not gonna dock you points without having used your stuff, but obviously can't give you full score either for the very same reason.Our Disconnect private browsing extension exposes an API that allows us to redirect connections on websites you visit to about:blank. The extension tells your browser to look for requests that match our blacklist and redirect them, thus preventing them from connecting and being able to track you.
- by Firefox user 13133532, 5 years agoRated 3 out of 5It noticeable slows down browser startup if you have a lot of opened tabs :(Thank you very much for sharing that you're seeing slowdown when you start your browser so our team can investigate what may be going on. We appreciate the information!
- by Firefox user 12947729, 5 years agoRated 3 out of 5Used to work efficiently for years , but after the last addon update , every site preferences resets to default after close the browser . I am tired to set each websites preferences every time i open Firefox , again and again.Please make this addon , to save each websites preferences , as it was happening before last update, otherwise i am sorry , but i will stop use it anymore.Thank you for sharing your experience, and we have had scattered reports of the extension not saving user preferences with our recent updates. Our developers are digging into why this is happening so we can get it resolved.