Rated 4.1 out of 5
4.1 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 13950330, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5OMG !!! I love this filter ... instead of getting depressed when I see the name of the guy who didn't want to be President, I get to avoid seeing his name and typically a good laugh wherever I go on the web. This extension is brilliant and works great! Thank you.
- by Firefox user 12847773, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Love it love it!
I've tried various versions of "replace the cheeto's picture with [x]" and they are not reliable. This one is. I don't know which part of it is better... the image replacement or the insults. Your insult list is glorious!
I also enjoy being able to customize what I see and where.
Keep up the good work!
- by Sonic_Master, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5My comment somehow got deleted.
Utter garbage! The only positive thing about this add on is that it reminded me why everyone voted for The President Trump. I am so glad HE IS OUR PRESIDENT and that he will MAGA!
- by Firefox user 13477118, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5For the past year, I have had horrible moments on the Internet, specifically, every time I saw that 'T' word. Add in his photos, and it is enough to make one lose their lunch. Over and over and over again.
I had been using an add-on that changed the 'T' word to drumpf, but it is a legacy add-on, and it stopped working today, when Firefox was updated. All of a sudden, I'm seeing that 'T' word again. NO! I can't take it. So I ran to the add-on site and lo and behold, I found this wonderful gem of software. Not only does it get rid of the 'T' word, it lets me choose what I want to see instead. I chose the 'any and all names' feature. Now I'm laughing, instead of crying, every time I see what name the software picks. The names are priceless. Every time I read a new one, I end up with tears in my eyes, from laughing so hard. As an added bonus, instead of that horrid face, I'm seeing puppies. Right now, we ALL need puppies in our lives.
I highly recommend this add-on. Anything that helps us get through this nightmare is well worth it.
- by Firefox user 13399928, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5This is the main thing that has made the last 9+ months slightly less horrible. Thank you! I'd like to see "trump my cat" pics as an option. I'd be happy to submit some and I'm sure others would too. Trying the bunnies now...
- by MrEd_POI, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5I've blocked most images of the Orange Dotard, but this really helps - I can't stand to see his name anywhere. The Cult of the Orange Snowflake doesn't like it, but I do. Thanks!Thanks. I'm working on improving the image blocking in Detrumpify, too. I've already updated the Chrome version and hope to have an improved version on FF in a few weeks.
- by Bathsheba, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Greatly improves my social media and news experiences.
If I have one request, it would be a greater variety of kittens...may I suggest https://twitter.com/evilbmcats as a source, or indeed a general lifestyle guide?
Thanks again.Hi there! It just so happens that I am working on improving the image options. Right now there are kittens, provided by placekitten.com but I am working on adding puppies and bunnies, and will perhaps host the kitten images myself where I can get many more pictures. Anyway, the new stuff is up on Chrome already but it will be a few weeks before I can the changes live at addons.mozilla.org
- by Firefox user 12940823, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Really funny, so much so that I don't even read the post, just scroll down to enjoy more replacement terms!*** Update ***
Fixed as of June 2017 version. Choose options then enable "scan on change." It will no longer just run at page load and will instead re-scan whenever the page changes.
Let's keep laughing!
The plugin does not stop down the page, but it stops after a time period. Many pages do not render further down until you scroll down and so there are times that the plugin will not convert some new content. Facebook is the most common example.
I can extend this time period, but am a little shy of doing so because I want the plugin to do it's thing and stop, so that it is light on CPU.
There are some configuration changes you can make to change this behavior. They are not in the config GUI, but I can show you how to do them. Contact me if interested.
- by Firefox user 12871658, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5You whitelist this domain (which contains the config info):
toolsofourtools.orgBasically, this is true, however, if you *really* do not want to whitelist my host, you can actually paste in a configuration file and skip the automatic configuration fetch. However, if you do this, you will not get updates.
For example, you can fetch a configuration file from toolsofourtools.org/detrumpify2/v2/
Then go to the options menu, click show config, then click edit, then paste in the config, the click lock.
Now that config will remain locked in place until you change it. I hope that makes sense.
- by yhapster, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5I thought I downloaded an app to replace images of the Whitehouse Werepig, but this amazing slur inducer replaces every mention of the evil overbully of America with not very polite synonyms for his aparrent charachter. Good.
- by mstfacmly, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5While I love the idea of having any references to Trump be changed to something more accurate, the add-on doesn't appear to work with Firefox. Maybe it wasn't tested on Firefox?
EDIT: Hi! sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I noticed the add-on was updated, and it seems to be working better now. It's definitely made reading up on the Narcissistic Bowl of Rotten Gazpacho much more interesting.
Developer responseposted 4 years agoIt was tested with FF, though admittedly, not particularly thoroughly. Can you provide some more info one the version of FF you are running?
Also, be aware that by default, the plugin only runs on certain websites. This is to minimize any potential for incompatibilities. If you want it to run on _any_ page, there is a checkbox in the config drop down.
Here is the current list of the default whitelisted sites:
"www.foxnews.com", "cnn.com", "www.bbc.com/news",
"www.bbc.co.uk/news", "www.theguardian.com", "www.theguardian.co.uk",
"nytimes.com", "facebook.com", "washingtonpost.com", "salon.com",
"slate.com", "buzzfeed.com", "vox.com", "huffingtonpost.com",
"wsj.com", "economist.com", "latimes.com", "dallasnews.com",
"usatoday.com", "denverpost.com", "insidedenver.com", "philly.com",
"chron.com", "detroitnews.com", "freep.com", "boston.com",
"newsday.com", "startribune.com", "nypost.com", "ajc.com", "nj.com",
"sfgate.com", "sfchronicle.com", "azcentral.com", "chicagotribune.com",
"cleveland.com", "oregonlive.com", "tampatribune.com",
"signonsandiego.com", "mercurynews.com", "contracostatimes.com",
"insidebayarea.com", "feedly.com", "reddit.com",
"drudgereport.com", "theblaze.com", "breitbart.com","ijreview.com",
"newsmax.com", "wnd.com", "dailycaller.com", "washingtontimes.com",
"nationalreview.com", "townhall.com", "freerepublic.com",
"pjmedia.com", "hotair.com", "cnsnews.com", "westernjournalism.com",
"washingtonexaminer.com", "tpnn.com", "newsbusters.org",
"twitchy.com", "news.google.com", "npr.org",