Rated 4.3 out of 5
4.3 Stars out of 5
- by Zoolook, 17 days agoRated 3 out of 5Had a cursory look, hoping to find options to input your own preferred list of words to kittenify. Sadly, options to wipe out references to anything other than the authors chosen words and pictures renders this add-on useless for anyone who doesn't share his right wing agenda.
Nice idea, but need to be less authoritarian in it's approach.
Developer responseposted 17 days agoThanks for the review. I'm not sure what you're talking about, but it is possible to change both the search anchors and the replacement phrases. The format is described in detail on the website. I admit, it's not trivial for people who aren't used to editing JSON files, but it's also not very difficult.
Also, my agenda most assuredly is not "right-wing."
- by enrico, 3 months agoRated 5 out of 5Fantastic. In today's world, the office of the United States presidency has never meant so little. This extension helps clean the clutter and noise of it from my browsing experience.
- by Firefox user 14655410, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Works great. I now have wonderful pictures of kittens to look at. Thanks.
Unfortunate that some users are giving low ratings based on political affiliation instead of add-on functionality.
- by Firefox user 14486402, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Works great!
I'd like to setup a custom config to only replace with "Individual 1" in all instances. Sadly, I can't seem to get this to work.
I've copied the "Drumpf" config, as that's the closest to what I want to do. When I edit the file to replace "Drumpf" in the monikers section with "Individual 1", and then upload that edited config to my own host, I get a syntax error in the extension.
Is there a simple way to change the config to only use "Individual 1"?
Edit: Thanks, you're the best!
Developer responseposted 2 years agoHi. So, custom configurations have gotten much more difficult since the browsers started enforcing CORS security to reduce cross-site-scripting attacks. It is still possible, but you will have to very carefully follow the instructions in the "about" page. I tested this on all three browsers just last week.
To save you the trouble, I just created an "Individual 1" config and put up on my server. You should see it in the drop-down menu.
- by Firefox user 13245748, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Is is possible to make it so it removes the whole sentence with "trump" and makes it blank?
Developer responseposted 2 years agoIt's surprisingly difficult to do *well*. The problem is that it is very easy to identify the name Trump, but much more difficult to reliably identify a sentence. People don't always punctuate properly, and there may be no sentence-ending punctuation in a headline or caption. Other difficult cases are separating other uses of periods from those that end sentences. You basically need to parse the sentence and understand it.
It's theoretically possible, but would be part of a much more sophisticated piece of software.
Dave from Tools of Our Tools