- by Anisotropy, a year agoRated 1 out of 5I can't create Bookmarks from URL entry field by dragging and dropping lint to a bookmarks panel. The bookmarks instead are put to the end of bookmarks panel or to the end of folder. This problem is over a year old
- by Firefox user 16773157, a year agoRated 1 out of 5Plugin doesn't work well with restoring bookmark backups or importing bookmarks from a file. Every single of my 2000+ bookmarks now sits in a single folder, which I have set as default.
It seems that there are also issues with syncing too. So while I have fixed this issue on one computer manually (partially by disabling the plugin and restoring an old backup). Yet after syncing bookmarks to my second computer, I now have the same problem on my second computer! Although I have properly synced the "fixed" set of bookmarks from the first computer. Yet somehow this plugin thinks that all of my "fixed" bookmarks are "new" and thus places them in the same single default directory.
As per description of this plugin, it should not interfere with sync. But it seems it does.
- by Greybird, a year agoRated 1 out of 5I've used this for a while, but I just spent hours troubleshooting an issue that turned out to be this addon. I even went so far as to delete my entire Mozilla account trying to figure out what was going on.
The problem is that it removes every bookmark from every folder on my system and places them *all* into the default folder (in my case, the bookmark toolbar.) All 3,000 of them, in random order, in the toolbar, and empties the entire folder structure I've been using for a decade.
Which was then synced on to seven other systems.
- by Elevation, a year agoRated 1 out of 5To the Dev I love the addon(I just posted one Star rating to get your attention) but after installing it every bookmark I drag to a folder on the Bookmarks Bar gets moved to the default folder set in "Default Bookmark Folder" Addon.
- by Firefox user 9792314, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5not useful for me. I need to bookmark in some different folders .but there is no option to do it like "Bookmark here" So i say ,Thanks, It dosen´t fits for me :(
- by Firefox user 15060440, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5There are no instructions on how to use this. I've installed it... and all new bookmarks continue to go to "Other Bookmarks" folder.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoThank you for your feedback! You should have been redirected to the add-on settings page automatically when you installed the add-on.
It did not seem to be the case, however you can access the add-on settings by going to the Firefox add-ons manager (accessible via the menu "Tools" then "Add-ons" or by using Ctrl+Shift+A).
Then simply click on the "Options" button next to Default Bookmark Folder to get to the settings page.
Once there, you can set up the add-on to fit your needs!
If you have any other questions or problems, please feel free to create a new issue on GitHub (https://github.com/teddy-gustiaux/default-bookmark-folder/issues).
If you do not have an account, you can create one for free.
The Mozilla Add-Ons website only allows me to respond once to a review, so it is not the ideal place for a conversation. :)