- by Firefox user 14315996, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5This is hands down the best looking dark theme extension for Fire Fox that I have tried. Out of all the other ones I have used, this one manages to do the best when it comes to picking the right color schemes for websites. Alexander really has a knack for colors!
Also I have noticed Dark Reader is not perfect at reskinning web sites. I have had it glitch some sites out and cause them to look really weird or unusable. These are of course edge cases, but the longer you use the extension, the more you start to notice it.
I have tried Dark Reader on numerous computers, and unfortunately all of them end up having the same problems. So, alas, I will probably not be having the cool little Vader with glasses gracing the upper right hand corner of many of my browser tabs for a while. If these performance problems get fixed, I definitely will increase my rating.
None the less, this probably is the best dark mode extension there is right now. I really hope that the performance problems can be fixed. I have heard they are not as bad on Chrome, but if you are like me, that's not really something to consider.
- by Firefox user 14269198, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5It surely has pretty design and smoothly darkens most of common sites BUT it slows down page loading for even MINUTES. Firefox 61.0, wire connection, works with speed-of-light without add-on.
- by Desimor, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5The only reason I didn't switch to Quantum like everyone else was because I couldn't find a decent alternative to Dark Reader. Now it's finally on Firefox, but unfortunately, I still can't make the switch because Dynamic Mode slows loading pages, hangs when scrolling sites, and even hangs the entire program sometimes. Dynamic mode was the best thing that happened to Dark Reader. Brilliant feature. As soon as Dynamic Mode performance issues are fixed, then this will get 5 stars. I'll try to see if I can fix the issue myself, but so far no luck. Chrome will still be my default.
- by Андрей Акимов, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5Жутко тормозит на мобильной версии Firefox. Хотел с планшета почитать сайты, но не тут то было! Так как для мобильной версии Chrome нельзя устанавливать расширения, то специально установил мобильный Firefox и это дополнение. На моём Asus MeMo Pad FHD10 страницы грузились очень долго, прокрутка практически зависала по несколько секунд. На десктопной версии проблем нет.
- by Satish P, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5This add-on is really great for people like me who prefer to use dark mode/themes all over. My OS is also always on High Contrast with White text on Black backgrounds. Firefox's Colors doesn't help much because most websites are simply useless when viewed with overridden dark colors and High Contrast. So I thank the developer for really good and useful work!
However there seem to be issues with some sites (bugzilla.mozilla.org is completely dark with nothing visible; GitHub fares a little better but still unusable). Performance is also a big hindrance - page loads and scrolling are completely off with this extension enabled. I presume the Chrome version may not have these issues but I prefer Firefox and would like to see this extension working well with it.Just published Dynamic Theme mode, which should have no blank screen and performance bugs. If some website is displayed wrong, you can send a link to firstname.lastname@example.org