- by Firefox user 17031243, 10 days agoRated 2 out of 5I have two problems with Dark Reader. (1) When I change to a new tab or new content for a tab I typically get a bright white initial display before Dark Reader kicks in to style the new content, completely dazzling my dark-adapted eyes and obviating the point of the extension and (2) Critical content is often unreadable using Dark Reader. I'm guessing that the first problem is not easy to address given the self-imposed limitations of FF's new extension mechanism!
- by n.b., 15 days agoRated 2 out of 5This add-on sometimes works like a charm, but often breaks webpages, making them unusable whether or not I toggle the add-on on or off entirely or for single websites. The add-on often makes necessary navigation text and links unreadable/invisible. Also, removing the add-on does not remove the CSS from these pages, I probably need to empty my caches.
- by emree35, a month agoRated 2 out of 5I usually like to use this extension on Edge browser. However, it slows down Firefox, significantly. So, I disabled and stopped using it until developers fix it.
- by Firefox user 16851399, 5 months agoRated 2 out of 5Das Add-On sah erstmal super aus, hat aber nach ein paar Tagen den Browser stark ausgebremst und teilweise andere Funktionen blockiert, musste leider deinstallieren; schade.
- by auxien, 5 months agoRated 2 out of 5Was really enjoying this extension until recently when it kills itself a few times a day. I have had to "turn it back on" because all my websites are burning my eyes 3-4 times a day now. Never had this problem until last week.
- by DimSum88, 7 months agoRated 2 out of 5This addon used to be great. now its only 'this extention is slowing down this page' error. when i deleted the extension, sites opened within 1 second again. so by default this addon slows down loading.
- by makkes, 8 months agoRated 2 out of 5This would be an awesome extension but after some weeks of usage the signifcant performance degradation in surfing sites is not bearable, anymore. As long as the performance is so bad I'm not able to use it unfortunately.
- by Axa-ru, 9 months agoRated 2 out of 5many bugs with pictures and popup elements.
Картинки при просмотре выходят за размеры окна и показываются не полностью.
Плохо работает отображение popup элементов.
В общем радость была не долгой. Снес.
- by Firefox user 16531945, 9 months agoRated 2 out of 5It looks great and works as advertised. However it bogs Firefox down *very* quickly. After install I found tabs taking forever to load, links would hang after clicking them, and some pages would completely freeze in transition for almost a full minute. Closing firefox, shutting any process left in the control panel down, and reopening it will resolve the issue for about 5 minutes, and then everything hangs again. I've found a lot of dark mode extensions do similar things, but this one was the worst, and fastest, to do it. Uninstalling the extension resolved every issue I had, and if you're having similar issues you can see it's firefox by opening the task manager, selecting more details, and viewing the memory usage of the app before and after removing or installing the extension.