- by Rando, 2 months agoRated 5 out of 5Excellent plugin. Author is also extremely responsive. Firefox's containers feature is fantastic, but Containers Helper adds enough UI to make the containers a lot more useful.
For example, I have multiple accounts on a few sites, and this plugin makes it very fast to switch between the most important sites/accounts.
I highly recommend opening Preferences and enabling "Opening the current tab URL for containers on the same domain/port/origin"
- by Firefox user 14094012, 4 months agoRated 5 out of 5THANK YOU GOOD LORD THANK YOU SO MUCH.
I've never left a review for an addon in my life but this thing literally saved me so many headaches. When Mozilla added syncing tabs across devices it broke my entire Firefox client. For some reason I discovered EIGHT THOUSAND temporary tabs now listed as permenet tabs. Firefox would crash every time I tried to interact with container in any meaningful way. I tried absolutel everything I could to get rid of them - deleleting all exetension, from every device I have, deleteing every local file, disabling all syncing, resetting Firefox completele....none of it worked. The second I logged into Firefox they all came back. It's bee over a year of this bs.
This extension allowed me to regain control of my broswer. Thank you Chrales, and screw you Mozilla for breaking everything for so long without a fix.
Developer responseposted 4 months agoYou're welcome! I totally understand where you're coming from. I turned off container sync because it caused a lot of headaches for me as well. I'm glad this extension helped you out so much : )
- by Asim, 6 months agoRated 5 out of 5This is perfect for an issue I had where I had around 80 containers that I needed to delete due to previous use of the AWS Console in Multi-Account Containers add-on: http://willthames.github.io/2018/02/28/managing-multiple-aws-consoles-with-multi-account-containers.html
- by mudiarto, 8 months agoRated 5 out of 5Very useful, especially in combination with Temporary Containers and Firefox Sync in multiple compotures - which may create hundreds of temporary containers in the browsers
- by RJHaines, 9 months agoRated 5 out of 5Just discovered this excellent extension. Super helpful for managing large numbers of containers. I've found it extremely useful to help me book vaccine appointments for senior citizens. Thanks for this super useful module!
- by Firefox user 16009735, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Super convenient and user friendly! Just make sure to check the website for quick instructions by clicking on the app on your tool bar and on the blue "Read Me" button to the bottom. This add-on is posted on GitLab so the open source gives me some peace of mind but it would be great if Mozilla did a security check on the add-on to encourage more people to try out this tool.
Developer responseposted 10 months agoThank you for taking the time to write a review for my addon. I hope you've been enjoying it and finding it useful in your daily browsing. It would indeed be nice if Mozilla could do a security check, for the sake of visibility - until then, a simple review of the code, which is all contained in one JS file (src/context.js), would quickly reveal that this addon is not capable of performing any malicious actions. I hope discerning users would be willing to take the extra 5-10 minutes to skim through the code if they have concerns : )