- by Rando, 2 months agoRated 5 out of 5Excellent plugin. Author is also extremely responsive. Firefox's containers feature is fantastic, but Containers Helper adds enough UI to make the containers a lot more useful.
For example, I have multiple accounts on a few sites, and this plugin makes it very fast to switch between the most important sites/accounts.
I highly recommend opening Preferences and enabling "Opening the current tab URL for containers on the same domain/port/origin"
- by FoxyLovy, 3 months agoRated 1 out of 5Installed the add-on. Clicked on the icon. Set default-URL for my container "Amazon" as "www.amazon.com". Selected Open-As-Tab. Clicked on the Amazon container. A new tab opens with the message "File not found
Firefox can’t find the file at moz-extension://e1e01cb3-.....-87e7-a028308c825d/www.amazon.com.
Check the file name for capitalization or other typing errors.
Check to see if the file was moved, renamed or deleted."
Removed addon.Ok, your review is fair. This one is my fault. In all my time developing this extension, I never thought to type in a URL without "http://" or "https://" at the beginning, so I never ran into this problem. That's the reason this happened to you, and I feel bad that this was your experience with my addon.
I wanted to be sure the issue was resolved in a user-friendly way before responding to your review. I have published an updated version of this web extension (v0.0.19) just a moment ago. This new version will now ask if you actually want to save or open a container URL that doesn't start with http:// or https://. If URLs don't start with a recognized protocol, then Firefox will attempt to open it as a file or local resource, which is what you saw : (
If you're still interested in trying this addon, please feel free to reinstall it and try it again, you just need to add https:// to the front of your URL and it will work as expected : )
I hope you'll give the extension another try. It really will make a difference!
P.S. I'm available to talk to you about the extension if you need any help. Reach out to me using any of the platforms (discord, telegram, reddit, github, etc) mentioned on my site here: https://charlesmknox.com/about/#contact
- by Firefox user 14094012, 4 months agoRated 5 out of 5THANK YOU GOOD LORD THANK YOU SO MUCH.
I've never left a review for an addon in my life but this thing literally saved me so many headaches. When Mozilla added syncing tabs across devices it broke my entire Firefox client. For some reason I discovered EIGHT THOUSAND temporary tabs now listed as permenet tabs. Firefox would crash every time I tried to interact with container in any meaningful way. I tried absolutel everything I could to get rid of them - deleleting all exetension, from every device I have, deleteing every local file, disabling all syncing, resetting Firefox completele....none of it worked. The second I logged into Firefox they all came back. It's bee over a year of this bs.
This extension allowed me to regain control of my broswer. Thank you Chrales, and screw you Mozilla for breaking everything for so long without a fix.
Developer responseposted 4 months agoYou're welcome! I totally understand where you're coming from. I turned off container sync because it caused a lot of headaches for me as well. I'm glad this extension helped you out so much : )
- by Asim, 6 months agoRated 5 out of 5This is perfect for an issue I had where I had around 80 containers that I needed to delete due to previous use of the AWS Console in Multi-Account Containers add-on: http://willthames.github.io/2018/02/28/managing-multiple-aws-consoles-with-multi-account-containers.html
- by mudiarto, 8 months agoRated 5 out of 5Very useful, especially in combination with Temporary Containers and Firefox Sync in multiple compotures - which may create hundreds of temporary containers in the browsers
- by RJHaines, 9 months agoRated 5 out of 5Just discovered this excellent extension. Super helpful for managing large numbers of containers. I've found it extremely useful to help me book vaccine appointments for senior citizens. Thanks for this super useful module!
- by Firefox user 16009735, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Super convenient and user friendly! Just make sure to check the website for quick instructions by clicking on the app on your tool bar and on the blue "Read Me" button to the bottom. This add-on is posted on GitLab so the open source gives me some peace of mind but it would be great if Mozilla did a security check on the add-on to encourage more people to try out this tool.
Developer responseposted 10 months agoThank you for taking the time to write a review for my addon. I hope you've been enjoying it and finding it useful in your daily browsing. It would indeed be nice if Mozilla could do a security check, for the sake of visibility - until then, a simple review of the code, which is all contained in one JS file (src/context.js), would quickly reveal that this addon is not capable of performing any malicious actions. I hope discerning users would be willing to take the extra 5-10 minutes to skim through the code if they have concerns : )