- by García y García, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5The picker didn't work well for me:
- No real-time color feedback
- No disabling of page links while picking colors... (annoying)
- Didn't actually pick anything unless it was inside the color selector... which isn't actually color picking as far as I can tell.
- The color analyzer was slow for me on a i7 7700K @5Ghz + 16 GB of RAM
- There's a working color picker already in the browser by pressing F12 (DevTools)
- by css0101, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Not very accurate capture of color, indexes some extraneous colors on sharp transitions. The color of small text is almost impossible to obtain. The click on the link is triggered, and this hinders. Everything else works fine. Thanks for the extension.
- by Firefox user 13496668, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Used to be better. No longer picks up the background color reliably. I don't know if its sampling from an area wider than one pixel, but it often gives me white, grey or black instead of the color it should.
- by Firefox user 12924158, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5I have been using and loving this extension in its previous versions for as long as i remember using firefox (since version 0.6, fifteen years ago or something like that).
It has been most helpful. Always handy to have a page color picker AND a "color manager" to quickly find a color when working on a webdesign.
I found myself using the color manager even in other situations, because it was just there... always a firefox instance opened, colorzilla a click away.
Now, since version 3, it is sadly UNUSABLE!
You can still approximately use the color picker to copy a webpage color but colorzilla is now NOT A PERSISTENT WINDOW, it disappears once it loses focus.
This means you can't see the result of your colors fiddling persistently anymore, colorzilla just SHUTS DOWN AND LOSES ALL CHANGES.
How dumb is that?
I have been forced to install another color manager: Sharp Color Picker. This one has a permanent window and won't cut your throat behind your back.
Please, use your extension once in a while, and see for yourself how you made it unusable for all your real users out there.
Anyway, thanks a lot to you for years of good service, it is just sad you made this unfortunate step.
- by Николай Егоров , 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5the previous version, probably 2.x were great. New just awful - very slow, bugs, and if there fixed elements on the page, it causes conflicts, in the end, the layout of the page spreads, breaking down. Was 5 stars, now a maximum of 3. Sorry.
- by Rellims, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5I have used ColorZilla for years, and as a web developer, it is an indispensable tool.
However, the new UX is not as easy to work with. I honestly prefer the separate window so I can work across multiple FF tabs and with my css files. I think this is where most of the disappointment comes from others.
The added features were nice, but please if possible, bring back the old separate UX/UI window to help keep our workflow .. flowing without having to reopen that panel every time.
- by SamEM, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5I LOVED ColorZilla - allowed you to pick out any color (RGB, CMYK, HEX) on the web - a great tool for designers & developers, or someone who just wants the exact color they see elsewhere. HOWEVER, with the add-on update i received today, the dropdown menu on the browser for this add-on is completely different. It looks older than the previous version. Previous version had copys readily available right there in the dropdown whether you needed hex or RGB. I would have given the previous version of ColorZilla 5 stars, but because this version seems to have rolled back the hands of time in design & function, I'm giving it a 3
- by Clay Ravin, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5Damn, used to be really useful (hence not just 1 star), and simple. Cannot get this new version with its unnecessary added features to work. If you want to keep your 4 star rating in Add-ons I advise fixing it as soon as possible.
Developer responseposted 4 years agoHello, please try the latest version v3.3. It should fix the issues you were experiencing.
If it fixes things, we would appreciate if you could consider amending your review.
In case of any issue please feel free to contact us at http://colorzilla.com/contact/.