Developer responseposted 4 years ago
First of all, thank you for using our extension! :) It is still in the alpha phase, so many things don't work as of now or are not implemented yet. We are currently working on getting more subpages to work, but the watch page should already be mostly functional... Also, I don't quite get what you mean with 720p and 480p, could you please create a more detailed report with some screenshots here: https://github.com/Cicero-Interactive/Classic-YouTube-Design/issues/? Thanks for your patience!
- Rated 5 out of 5by chia_mosquera, 2 years agome encanta que aun hayan hecho hasta los detalles mas pequeños, espero que sigan arreglando y actualizando cosas como por ejemplo la interfaz de usuario y arreglar el bug de del icono del corazon que se ve un poco mal, pero aun asi respeto el tiempo que llevaria hacer esto, espero que lo sigan continuando :)
- Rated 4 out of 5by 7kt swe, 3 years agoGood simple addon. but lacks dark mode support.
Saw that you had other recommendations in the description.
Try out my script:
It already have a neat watched videos function as your upcoming version mentions
- Rated 3 out of 5by jaocb, 3 years agoHalf works and is buggy, Home page scrolls forever with just a list of videos, channel pages dont work either, the video pages and layout is still the new pos. Hopefully everything will be fully working soon and I will come back
- Rated 4 out of 5by lightbeam, 3 years agoA very promising addon! I realize that it's still a work in progress so not everything will be 100%. Man is it nostalgic to see YouTube without all the oversized icons again. Unfortunately dark mode seems to have some issues so I'll have to disable for now, but if it gets fixed I'll definitely be using this!
- Rated 1 out of 5by ccc, 3 years agoThe add-on does not work in private mode, even if you enable cookies, 78.6.1 Firefox ESR browserI don't know what you're talking about, on my side it works perfectly fine. Perhaps you just didn't allow the extension to run in private mode? See here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/extensions-private-browsing
- Rated 1 out of 5by Ярослав, 3 years agoFirefox-53. Не работает совсем. Исчезает V в настройках вашего расширения. Ставил V в 2-х местах. И на панели задач в иконке "Classic YouTube Desing" и в "Управлении Дополнениями" > "Расширения" > "Classic YouTube Desing".
In the settings of this extension, I cannot save the "V" icon in (Activate Classic YouTube Design). The "V" icon disappears when the page is reloaded in the cell (Activate Classic YouTube Design) is empty again. Accordingly, nothing changes on page YouTube.I think Firefox 53 doesn't support the chrome.storage.sync API yet which is used for storing the settings. But why are you even using such an outdated browser? If it's purely because of the old XUL extensions, I'd recommend Waterfox Classic: https://www.waterfox.net/download#classic. It's based on Firefox 56 and gets all the latest security patches!
- Rated 1 out of 5by Mozifox_1978, 3 years agoJust not work. also check "Active". bullshit...Can you give me more details here in the issue tracker? https://github.com/Cicero-Interactive/Classic-YouTube-Design/issues
Edit: I just fixed a bug which sometimes, especially on slow machines, has overwritten my injected styles with the default YouTube styling again. Now it should work!
- Rated 4 out of 5by Bucket, 3 years agoThe dark mode seems to be working on my end and even if I can't benefit from the better bandwidth usage anymore, at least I can actually see the video thumbnails on the side of a video. The polymer layout can suck my-
- Rated 3 out of 5by Jupee, 3 years agoLove the concept! It's already better than normal layout, much more desktop friendly. Needs some work though.
Example dark mode is unusable, some links/texts are not visible, are same color as the background.
And video player default view could be smaller, like it used to be. Currently default view is pretty much same size as theater mode, awful change from Google.
Love the idea, hopefully you keep updating this and making it even better.Yep, dark mode is currently not supported. But it's in the backlog, should be there with v0.2.2 (I would say March at the latest). Support for more pages (like the search page) will arrive next month ;-)