by jaocb, 9 months ago
Rated 3 out of 5
Half works and is buggy, Home page scrolls forever with just a list of videos, channel pages dont work either, the video pages and layout is still the new pos. Hopefully everything will be fully working soon and I will come back
- by 7kt swe, 7 months agoRated 4 out of 5Good simple addon. but lacks dark mode support.
Saw that you had other recommendations in the description.
Try out my script:
It already have a neat watched videos function as your upcoming version mentions
- by Firefox user 14887910, 10 months agoRated 4 out of 5A very promising addon! I realize that it's still a work in progress so not everything will be 100%. Man is it nostalgic to see YouTube without all the oversized icons again. Unfortunately dark mode seems to have some issues so I'll have to disable for now, but if it gets fixed I'll definitely be using this!
- by ccc, a year agoRated 1 out of 5The add-on does not work in private mode, even if you enable cookies, 78.6.1 Firefox ESR browserI don't know what you're talking about, on my side it works perfectly fine. Perhaps you just didn't allow the extension to run in private mode? See here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/extensions-private-browsing
- by Ярослав, a year agoRated 1 out of 5Firefox-53. Не работает совсем. Исчезает V в настройках вашего расширения. Ставил V в 2-х местах. И на панели задач в иконке "Classic YouTube Desing" и в "Управлении Дополнениями" > "Расширения" > "Classic YouTube Desing".
In the settings of this extension, I cannot save the "V" icon in (Activate Classic YouTube Design). The "V" icon disappears when the page is reloaded in the cell (Activate Classic YouTube Design) is empty again. Accordingly, nothing changes on page YouTube.I think Firefox 53 doesn't support the chrome.storage.sync API yet which is used for storing the settings. But why are you even using such an outdated browser? If it's purely because of the old XUL extensions, I'd recommend Waterfox Classic: https://www.waterfox.net/download#classic. It's based on Firefox 56 and gets all the latest security patches!
- by Mozifox_1978, a year agoRated 1 out of 5Just not work. also check "Active". bullshit...Can you give me more details here in the issue tracker? https://github.com/Cicero-Interactive/Classic-YouTube-Design/issues
Edit: I just fixed a bug which sometimes, especially on slow machines, has overwritten my injected styles with the default YouTube styling again. Now it should work!
- by Bucket, a year agoRated 4 out of 5The dark mode seems to be working on my end and even if I can't benefit from the better bandwidth usage anymore, at least I can actually see the video thumbnails on the side of a video. The polymer layout can suck my-
- by Jupee, a year agoRated 3 out of 5Love the concept! It's already better than normal layout, much more desktop friendly. Needs some work though.
Example dark mode is unusable, some links/texts are not visible, are same color as the background.
And video player default view could be smaller, like it used to be. Currently default view is pretty much same size as theater mode, awful change from Google.
Love the idea, hopefully you keep updating this and making it even better.Yep, dark mode is currently not supported. But it's in the backlog, should be there with v0.2.2 (I would say March at the latest). Support for more pages (like the search page) will arrive next month ;-)
- by Firefox user 15637894, a year agoRated 2 out of 5Good start, but still pales in comparsion to the original layout. Things I'd suggest that need to be worked on are the videos that show up on the homepage, removal of the community posts and recommended tags on the home page, and the channel pages.Thank you for the feedback! I'm currently investigating if it's possible to fill up the rows on the homepage, but as of now we are only getting the default number of video cards and then proceed to make the thumbnails smaller, which of course leaves empty space.
I, too, found the categorization of recommended videos better by far, but that's currently impossible to implement (at least as far as I'm aware). We would need to know which videos have which category to sort them appropriately, but YouTube doesn't provide them.
On the other side, I have good news for the removal of community posts: I'm currently working on the 0.2.0 branch (https://github.com/Cicero-Interactive/Classic-YouTube-Design/tree/0.2.0), which will for one also work with Chromium-based browsers and secondly it will give you a preferences dropdown where you can toggle the extension's features. This will later on be expanded, so you can precisely choose which changes you want and what should be left untouched. Stay tuned! And, of course, if you are aware of any methods to implement the fist two things you mentioned or want to contribute in general, feel free to do so and inform us on our GitHub page.
- by randomofamber, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Good, but I would prefer old desing in Watch Page too. Is it possible to change this too? I know, other do not agree with me, so it will be fine if user can set type of Watch Page ... New (720p) or Old(480p) size of player. Thank you for consideration.
Developer responseposted 2 years agoFirst of all, thank you for using our extension! :) It is still in the alpha phase, so many things don't work as of now or are not implemented yet. We are currently working on getting more subpages to work, but the watch page should already be mostly functional... Also, I don't quite get what you mean with 720p and 480p, could you please create a more detailed report with some screenshots here: https://github.com/Cicero-Interactive/Classic-YouTube-Design/issues/? Thanks for your patience!