Rated 3.9 out of 5
3.9 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 13525955, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5The new version was on the beginning somehow annoying with the pop-up. But I get used to it. The addon is nearly perfect for me. And the pop-up can be removed if you click "Hide this dialog".
- by Andrew Rose, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Used to be great, but since v2, many more clicks are required to start a scan and, even worse, the Check4Change window now blocks the browser window such that it can't be used. This is a major regression.
It seems many other people are affected. You can install the old version right here at addons.mozilla.org by going to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/check4change/versions/
- by Firefox user 13470854, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5PLEASE change the interface to the way it was before 2.0! The new version blocks the window and it we can't see it. Also, it does not seem to be functioning well, and every time I want to monitor something I need to create a new "job". Before, with the contextual menu, my last used setting was already there, it was simple and fast. This version now takes a lot of clicks. This is a major step-back.
- by Firefox user 13460667, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5I love this extension. I do some online work that only gets posted up sporadically. This extension means that I can get on with other things without missing out on jobs. It can be customised to exactly the amount of time I need which is better than other extensions that I looked at.
- by Firefox user 13460331, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5the older version is so much better, in the tab, you could see, that anything is working, and now the window on the checking side is not to hide :(
- by Firefox user 13373732, 3 years agoRated 2 out of 5Try running this on the latest version of firefox in just two browsers and watch it cripple the entire browser within 30 minutes. It does this every time for me. It makes firefox run at a crawling pace. I want to activate Firefox's multiprocess option but this software prevents you from doing it. The ONLY reason why I still use firefox is because of check4change. Please update this software because it completely cripples firefox right now.
- by Firefox user 13175425, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Hi. check4change not work in newer version of firefox,
because in new version, firefox use multicore tab processing,
and for use, check4change, you need to turn off this feature,
for make this changes you need:
at first check multicore feature status,
type about:support in adress line and press enter
if you see multicore windows (tabs) 1/1 multicore is work
To turn off you need type about:config + enter
>type in search: browser.tabs.remote.autostart + enter> from true to false (by double click)
>type in search: extensions.e10sBlockedByAddons + enter> from false to true (by double click)
>type in search: extensions.e10sBlocksEnabling + enter> from false to true (by double click)
- by Firefox user 6595672, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Check4Change was working perfectly for me with 54.0.1 but FF automatically upgraded to 55.0.3 and now I can't Check4Change the text on a "view source" page. The tab icon counts down but C4C does not detect any changes.
I am still giving this extension a 5 because it "used" to work perfectly and I am hoping it will be upgraded soon.
If anyone else has this issue have you found a work around?