- Rated 3 out of 5by Nibinaear, 8 months agoAfter using it it seems to have too many false positives. I'm having to scroll through my 4000+ bookmarks and check every red one to make sure it's not deleting anything it shouldn't. E.g. it assumed youarelistening.to was invalid but there's nothing wrong with that link.
Also, you must make sure you are using a vpn otherwise it will delete anything like torrent bookmarks which don't connect without it.
At this moment I can't see the button I will push when I finally want to delete all the remaining red ones.
Developer responseposted 8 months agoNothing will be send to an external service at all. Bookmarks Organizer just send requests to the URLs of your bookmarks to check if they still work.
If you only have a question - Why did you give a bad rating?
- Rated 3 out of 5by Makak007, 2 years agoCan anyone suggest how to use this extension, please?
Installed it on Portable version 96, I followed the "Start here" arrow and selected from the menu, in my case "duplicates". Then I got a list of duplicate bookmarks. But here I am stuck. I have no idea what to do next to delete the duplicates... totally lost and confused. ???
I must be missing something fundamental and I can't figure out what..
EDIT: I mean NOT deleting duplicated entries one by one but if there is a function to do it automatically by one click. (I am dealing with 3000+ entries...)
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 16230096, 2 years agoMühsam, hier fehlt mindestens die Möglichkeit mehrere Lesezeichen zu markieren um alle gleichzeitig zu löschen. Jedes einzeln entfernen und auch noch jedesmal zu bestätigen frisst nur unnötig Zeit.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 14306928, 3 years agoIt's a decent tool and does a good job of finding dupes! But there're no mass commands or buttons to deal with the dupes in one shot but rather you have to sit there and manually click on every dupe checkbox to take action.
The Find Broken URLs is a good feature but many websites like linkedin, facebook that do not allow webscrapers, see it as a threat, causing Bookmarks Organizer to generate a false positive report that the bookmark is broken or dead. The average person using this add-on needs to see friendlier http errors such as "the target web url does not allow remote checking!" as opposed to http 404!
- Rated 3 out of 5by Jamc, 3 years agoFool proof duplicate and dead bookmark organizer ... with a huge BUT ... you have to confirm manually every single change to the corrections (redirect, delete, whitelist) ... and since its visual, you can't select the 'ok' by pressing space or arrows, ..... and this can quickly become very very annoying.
Please add an option to disable the confirmation box. thank you.When you wrote this review there was already an option to disable the confirmation dialogs in the add-on's settings. Can you please test again with a current version and re-review? Thanks!
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 12812696, 4 years agoNice sleek GUI, but reports too many false positives for broken links. Should be restricted to 404 responses only, or at least provide it as an option. The deduplicator function works, but the GUI provides no way to group-select detected items. Users with perhaps fifty or more duplicate URLs should expect to click "delete" for an unreasonable amount of time. I had over 400, so it was unfortunately an instant uninstall for me. If the developer fleshes out the options a LITTLE more, I may be back.
- Rated 3 out of 5by JustBoris, 5 years agoVery useful, but could be more useful (to me). Actually quite cumbersome to use.
- Doesn't test for duplicate tags. Misspellings and the like mean I have duplicate tags.
- blacklisted locations for the folders or default bookmark to delete. Many of my duplicated bookmarks are in the root folder; I'm really not sure how they got there (so it would be the default folder to delete the delete the duplicate). I use tags and not folders for searching.
- whitelisted folders which should not count - I have an addon called "time capsule" which uses bookmarks to remind me that pages exist periodically. Its bookmarks are not duplicates per se.
- The preferences are not a button on the main page.
- I assume you've never actually used your program on a normal user's setup or have OCD. After about fifty deletions one-by-one, even after turning off the confirmations, it gets old. I have less than one percent duplicates but it's too slow to actually use your addon.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Fear Ialtóg, 5 years agoIt's OK. It finds the errant book marks but all that that can be done is delete them manually one by one. Life's too short ;)
- Rated 3 out of 5by RiCK, 6 years agoIt works this time since the update to 2.0.1
It could still use some additional features.
+Option to show only broken bookmarks, and not redirects.
+Option to show only redirects.
+Make it possible to remove folders, typically if the bookmark was the only one inside the folder and it was deleted, should be able to delete the folder too, without going to the Firefox Bookmarks view.
It's a great improvement over the older version I tried, keep up the good work.
reply: The checkboxes only appear if you are at the very top of the list. It would be better if you could make that part not scroll off the screen, as another layer or frame over the main frame.Thank you for the new review!
> +Option to show only broken bookmarks, and not redirects.
> +Option to show only redirects.
It's already there. Please see the checkboxes on the results page. ;-)
> +Make it possible to remove folders, typically if the bookmark was the only one inside the folder and it was deleted, should be able to delete the folder too, without going to the Firefox Bookmarks view.
It's a good suggestion, I will consider this for a future feature update.
> It's a great improvement over the older version I tried, keep up the good work.
Thank you! :)
- Rated 3 out of 5by ryufeliz-1364607282.04, 6 years agoRepara los marcadores huerfanos, duplicados y rotos, siento que le falta más cosas como poder organizar los marcadores en carpetas o modificarlos de alguna forma, pero van por buen camino
- Rated 3 out of 5by Flaschenpost Sorter, 6 years agoJa das stimmt.
Also das Entfernen von Duplikaten sollte automatisch gehen, d.h. man sollte eine Regel angeben können, nach der nur noch eines der Duplikate beibehalten wird (z.B. nach Datum, nach Abfolge gefunden, Verzeichnistiefe oder so)
Ich habe ca. 9000 Lesezeichen, von denen einige Duplikate sind (~200). Diese einzeln zu suchen und dann auch alle mittels eigenem Klick zu entfernen ist sehr mühsam.Vielen Dank für die schnelle Reaktion.
Ich werde an diesem Wochenende Bookmarks Organizer 2.0 veröffentlichen. Funktional ändert sich dadurch nichts, aber unter der Haube hat sich dafür umso mehr getan.
Nach Veröffentlichung von Bookmarks Organizer 2.0 werde ich schauen, welche funktionalen Verbesserungen in das nächste Update kommen. Vielleicht ja sogar dieser Vorschlag. Geplant ist diese Verbesserung in jedem Fall. Nur die Reihenfolge, in welcher die geplanten Verbesserungen kommen werden, ist noch nicht sicher, deswegen will ich noch nichts versprechen.
In jedem Fall wird es nicht wieder acht Monate bis zum nächsten Update dauern, weil die technische Grundlage nun eine bessere ist. ;-)
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 12916690, 6 years agoseems OK but it didn't find my "unsorted bookmarks" which number in the thousands. I'm going to remove it and try it again in acouple of months.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 12137179, 6 years agoIts really great and has the potential to solve my problem, however is is quite difficult to use when you have a massive amount of bookmarks (1000+). For example, when looking at all the broken bookmarks i wish there was a way to collapse folders or only scan specific folders for errors. The biggest thing is that I wash there was a select all box, or boxes next to all the bookmarks so you could select multiple bookmarks so you can fix a bunch all at once instead of selecting to fix the url of each bookmark 1 at a time. (for whatever reason a bunch of the bookmarks have changed from http to https so firefox doesn't recognize them any more). Also the developer seems to be telling everyone not to leave reviews for recommendations and instead to just leave those on his website. But I would prefer not to do that because then I would have to make a whole new account for that site. Sorry.