by Firefox user 16230096, 4 months ago
Rated 3 out of 5
Mühsam, hier fehlt mindestens die Möglichkeit mehrere Lesezeichen zu markieren um alle gleichzeitig zu löschen. Jedes einzeln entfernen und auch noch jedesmal zu bestätigen frisst nur unnötig Zeit.
- by Firefox user 15346968, 11 days agoRated 5 out of 5I don't get some of the negativity here, unless it's old news. This add-on does exactly what it says it will (look for and fix duplicate, broken, and unnamed bookmarks) and looks good while doing it! There are options to correct *all* redirects or delete *all* broken bookmarks (contrary to criticisms) but care should be taken especially with the delete all option. It's not infallible; each delete should be reviewed. And the developer provides a whitelist option so that exceptions don't keep reappearing! My only suggestion: The developer should update the copyright years at the bottom (currently 2017-2019, which makes it look out of date). He's getting a donation for this (and for New Tab Override).
- by 63kk0, 20 days agoRated 1 out of 5Got through over 19500 bookmarks, and it froze on the last 2! I left it alone for a good half hour before giving up. Sadly, this process took several hours, and was very resource intensive while running. The process appeared to be fruitful, there were many dead links to remove, but what good is it if it hangs just before completion?
- by polrus, 3 months agoRated 4 out of 5Almost perfect add-on . Thanks for your hard work.
It would be nice to have a button to remove all duplicates. Now it finds the dups but you have to manually click on each and every one to remove it.
- by Makak007, 3 months agoRated 3 out of 5Can anyone suggest how to use this extension, please?
Installed it on Portable version 96, I followed the "Start here" arrow and selected from the menu, in my case "duplicates". Then I got a list of duplicate bookmarks. But here I am stuck. I have no idea what to do next to delete the duplicates... totally lost and confused. ???
I must be missing something fundamental and I can't figure out what..
EDIT: I mean NOT deleting duplicated entries one by one but if there is a function to do it automatically by one click. (I am dealing with 3000+ entries...)
- by Firefox user 16973368, 10 months agoRated 2 out of 5As another review says, this addOn seems unfinished. My particular complaint is as follows. On one run, a bookmark will be identified as broken. On another run, another bookmark will be identified as broken. Both bookmarks actually work fine. I infer that the addOn is not waiting long enough for sites to respond.
- by Jivix fromwc3, 10 months agoRated 2 out of 5It's really strange to have a duplicate finder that has a popup with no hotkey support. I have over 3,000 duplicates and there's no way I'm clicking 6,000 times to fix that using this addon. There needs to be a selection assistant, preferably something like Duplicate Cleaner has (this is not an addon, its a standalone software for files).
The results for checking broken bookmarks aren't visible until the whole search is done. I have over 15,000 bookmarks saved, I don't want to wait an hour and a half every time I want to clean out some broken bookmarks. It would be more usable if it could divide bookmarks up into batches so you can go for, say, checking just one thousand bookmarks at a time, preferably the latest 1,000 you added.
I hate to rate this addon two stars because this one technically works great, but the usability is so low that I really can't picture myself getting any work done with it.
- by dd, 10 months agoRated 4 out of 5Very useful to clean up and coorect dead links. Would be nice to have a whitelist option so that -for example- one can skip youtube links which all appear as broken due to consent invasive step.