- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 14366081, a month agoReview-Update: Einige Bookmarks werden kommentarlos als fehlerhaft angezeigt, obwohl sie sich ganz normal öffnen lassen. Es sollte der Grund angezeigt werden, warum es einen Fehler gibt. Im Ergebnis werden bei mir 12/437 Lesezeichen als false positives angezeigt. Insbesondere mit Google-Seiten scheint die Erweiterung Probleme zu haben.
Im Vergleich dazu zeigt die Erweiterung "Bookmarks clean up" immer einen Grund an. Hier gab es aber nur ein false positive wegen eines Timeout, der nach erneutem Test auch nur temporär war, sprich keine systematische Anzeige von Lesezeichen als fehlerhaft.
Einträge ohne Namen werden aufgrund des fehlenden Grundes genauso angezeigt wie in der Suche nach leeren Namen. Daher entsteht der Eindruck, der Grund sei der fehlende Name. Das ist ein Problem des Interfaces.
Der einzige Vorteil dieser Extension ist, dass man Weiterleitungen auf einen Klick übernehmen kann.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Teagan, 2 months agoThis Add-On Might Work, BUT . . .
So, first I encourage everyone to read the "About this extension" section before using the extension to familiarize yourself with a few things like it's Features, Shortcuts and Planned features. Now, the 'Bookmarks Organizer' does what it claims. However, there are some things that the developer didn't think of. One of them and maybe the most important, is a Pause and/or Stop button. Having a Pause and/or Stop Button would be helpful for anyone that has 5000 - 10000+ bookmarks, for the following reasons; It would allow anyone using this extension to pause it and/or stop it, so they could go through the bookmarks that have already been scanned. The other reason is that, if you expect this scan to only take 10 to 25 minutes, think again, especially if your a bookmark addict and you have 5000 - 10000+ bookmarks saved. Because with that many bookmarks saved it's going to take a ... a few hours if not more.
The only other thing I can think of is something that apparently will be added to an up and coming version of the extension. That the ability or the option to 'select multiple bookmarks at once rather than only being able to delete them one by one'. Other than that, give this extension a try, it does work. It's a little slow, but it works. I gave it 3 Stars, but I would have given it 5 stars if it wasn't so slow.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 15329826, 3 months agoDon't mind the negative reviews - they are haters who ruin their time...
This plug-in is fantastic, simple to use and very efficient to clean up the bookmarks.
It does what it's intended to and in a very clear way.
Thanks to Sören for this well craft piece of software !
- Rated 5 out of 5by IT retired, 3 months ago5+ stars. What a great piece of software. It is very handy, works like a charm and saves a shi* load of manual work. Please don't get demotivated by all the nincompoops that rate you 1 star. Good stuff!
- Rated 4 out of 5by Francesco, 4 months agogood , but many websites change address and website topic. U should add the new website title if different to old one, so we can change both at same time otherwise we must add new website and delete old on
Developer responseposted 4 months agoThanks for the review.
Most websites will add redirects if the address changes. And Bookmarks Organizer already detects redirects so that you can change your bookmarks. So that part is already implemented.
For the name of the bookmark it's not possible to know if the name was set by the user or not. Many people don't use the website's title as the bookmark's name. I don't understand the "otherwise we must add new website and delete old on" part.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13571539, 5 months agoGruß Gott! :)
Honestly, there's not much I can write about yet, as I've only just installed and started the thing running for the first time.
Mainly I posted a review to chime in with others I've seen here, that being able to check specific folders would be a good feature to have.
Actually, that was the feature I was specifically looking for. I wasn't all that keen on the last extension I used for bookmark checking, and was hoping to find something that could do more targeted checking. (At almost 3k bookmarks, I suspect even the best programs would plod getting through that many...)
This one seemed to come more highly recommended, though, so I decided to give it a try anyway. So far so good. I only just installed and launched a few minutes ago and it's already halfway-through....
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 14644415, 6 months agosuite a mes déboire avec un profil abimé et l'extension bugué (ver:4.1.0), la version 4.1.1 me fait remettre 5 étoiles pour cette formidable extension et surtout merci a sont concepteur pour avoir répondu a mon e-mail. ;)This is not true at all. The Bookmarks Organizer works with Firefox ESR 102. You can't use the latest version but you don't need the latest version. There were no new features at all. Firefox ESR 102 is EOL so there is no point in supporting it with newer versions of the add-on.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Giorgos, 6 months agoVery useful add-on for bookmark cleaning.
Suggestions for the next version:
1. Ability to run on specific Bookmark folders only
2. Ability to filter (as well as apply cleaning) specific Bookmarks or Bookmark folders in results
3. Ability to save backups for bad bookmarks before deletion/correction
Using checkboxes in tree view for 1 and 2 would be great
- Rated 4 out of 5by Panos K., 7 months agoExcellent addon. Lately seems to have a bug that causes the addon to not finish checking. I submitted an issue on Github.
Addon v4.1 seems to be OK. No more neverending loop. Checking 277 bookmarks completed as expected.
Firefox Nightly 118.0a1 (2023-08-16) (64-bit)
- Rated 4 out of 5by silvatek, a year agoSuperb at sorting out the wheat from the chaff, but I need something which will help me organize bookmarks. To be fair, this does what it claims to do, but it's only halfway to what I need.
- Rated 5 out of 5by yuleself, a year ago很方便的小工具。如果清理书签时，能实时显示结果就更好了。Very handy little tool. It would be even better if the results can be displayed in real time when cleaning bookmarks.
- Rated 5 out of 5by MrMorph, a year agoEverything worked as advertised for me and saved me a lot of time going through nearly 3000 bookmarks. It scans and finds all the dead ones and problem links like HTTP to HTTPS. It also helped me remove duplicates. Perfect - thanks; I sent the cost of a coffee your way :)
- Rated 5 out of 5by Eeeee, a year ago對要整理很多書籤的人來說是款很方便的附加元件，用了這款附加元件才發現我的書籤已經快要多達三千條了，但是介面的繁體中文翻譯得有些不完整待改善。
Developer responseposted a year agoThank you very much! As I don't speak Chinese at all it would be great if you could make suggestions for the Chinese translation on GitHub if you think that it could be improved. Thanks!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Sean, a year agoThis extension is GREAT. I've been wanting to clean up my bookmarks but did not know where to start. This extension removed broken links, changed http, to https, and helped me find links with no titles. It is a great way to get started on cleaning up my bookmarks. Thanks for creating this extension!