Rated 4 out of 5
4 Stars out of 5
- by ChaoticNight, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Simple to use and does exactly what it claims. I use adblockers also but some popups/anti adblocker messages still get through. 1 click on the Beyond the Overlay button and they're gone.
Have used this on sites that only let you see some of the page and then have a pop up asking you to subscribe to see more. This gets rid of that box and also makes the underlying text legible if it wasn't like some sub only sites do to stop you from reading. This is one of my 'can't live without' add ons and I am so grateful to the developer! <3
- by Firefox user 14298432, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5YES, it swats the overlay, BUT then the overlays keep coming back and you have to keep swatting. This doesn't help much, it needs to "remember" you swatted the overlay and keep swatting it in the background.
- by 3.1415926, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5I use it every time I'm online. There're more and more sites that smack you in the face with some sign-up crap, and this effectively wipes them all away--either with a simple mouse click or an even quicker Cntl-Shft-X. Smack! Gone! The way is now clear.
- by Firefox user 14245508, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Awesome on the desktop, but the requirement for clicking a button makes it un-useable on Firefox for Android. Wish it could just auto-block without having to click anything; that'd automatically make it work on mobile.
- by Discovery, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5This extension works well, but it would be better if overlays could be permanently blocked. I'm looking for a replacement of Poper Blocker, the only one that saved our settings and removed the chosen overlays permanently.
- by John Corliss, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5This extension just simply works. And it has a keystroke combination too (Ctrl-Shft-X). I don't know why webmasters think it's a good idea to rudely interrupt you with a stupid, pointless overlay when you're on a mission and are totally focused on something else, but this extension is the way to fight back. Many thanks to the author!