Rated 3.8 out of 5
3.8 Stars out of 5
- by digitalcircuit, 15 days agoRated 5 out of 5Working quite well here with 20,052 bookmarks (no, that's not a typo). It takes a little while to sort (under 30 seconds), but has generally functioned as expected.
In the past, there have been conflicts with Firefox Sync and manually sorting, but I think the new bookmark sync backend (Mozilla bugzilla #1587357) has addressed that since Firefox 70.
- by Tichicken, 3 months agoRated 1 out of 5Exclusion options don't seem to work properly, so it aggressively sorts folders you don't want sorted. It also sorted incorrectly at first until it was prompted to do so again.
- by display name, 4 months agoRated 5 out of 5This add-on is fantastic. I was hesitant because some of the reviews were bad. However, if you look you'll see that the bad reviews are from years ago. The majority of positive reviews are recent.
I'm also glad this add-on is open source!
- by Diane, 8 months agoRated 5 out of 5Just downloaded this. Couldn't get firefox sort to work. Put it in auto and everything is now sorted perfectly. Shouldn't have to use an add on when firefox has a sort button. They need to fix. Very happy now!
- by fireside, 10 months agoRated 2 out of 5I have 21 megabytes of bookmarks (.json file). This addon sorts them in a minute and a half. The "Sort Bookmarks" addon sorts them in 10 seconds (like the old SortPlaces addon did). So I now use the "Sort Bookmarks" addon.
Developer responseposted 9 months agoThis add-on used to have delta sorting (sort only the changes). It currently sorts everything (not efficient but more stable). Just curious, if you re-import all your bookmarks, does "Sort Bookmarks" still only take 10 seconds? Anyway, I will consider adding delta sort back. Add a feature request on the GitHub site to remind me.
- by Firefox user 15425634, 10 months agoRated 3 out of 5This thing SERIOUSLY lacking sorting by tags.
Developer responseposted 9 months agoMe too. Unfortunately, this will never happen due to Web-Extensions API not supporting tags. Read more here: https://discourse.mozilla.org/t/webextensions-api-currently-not-supporting-bookmarks-tags/22677
- by Dypsis, a year agoRated 5 out of 5It would be great if Auto-Sort Bookmarks could have an option to ignore the Bookmarks Toolbar because the Most Visited folder gets moved from the left where I am used to it.