- Rated 5 out of 5by Ikenna, 10 months agoI like this Add on, its just that its a bit laggy on Firefox and please tell me how do i use this on YouTube for videos
Developer responseposted 10 months agoI'm glad you are liking the Add-on. I'm sorry that you are seeing lag though. If you'd like to help troubleshoot the issue, could you send an email to email@example.com or open up a Github issue and share some more information?
As for YouTube muting, all you should need to do is turn on Audio muting (Options page > Audio tab).
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 17591281, a year agoWon't be using because I'm against its use purposes, but after watching Technology Connections video I've had to search a similar "gadget" that would embark on the captions trek to review the profanity. Well, here it is, and it worked the time I tested it
- Rated 5 out of 5by Wescyde, 2 years agoWorking fine again, but for some reason on Feb 10th it wasn't...
Developer responseposted 2 years agoI'm sorry its not working for you. Could you send an email to support @ richardfrost.info (without spaces) with your config? You can export your config from Options page > Config tab > Export button. I just double-checked, and it is still working on Twitter for me in Firefox. If you'd rather not share you config, perhaps try saving a copy of your config using the steps outlined above, then reset back to defaults (same page in options) and try it again.
You might also check to make sure it isn't disabled on twitter. You can check that in Options page > domain tab, or by opening the extension's popup on Twitter and making sure the switch is on/blue.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 16434413, 3 years agoNot only does the text filter work perfectly for my needs, but the audio filter is an exceptional feature that I didn't notice at first but now might be my favorite aspect. Thank you!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Sunshiner5, 3 years agoI liked this extension immediately, as it works straight away, better than I expected. It does the job you want. Has lots of options to customise settings and add words. That's quite easy. There's a very good Help page explains EVERY setting. Use it on Chrome too. Both good.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 15001250, 4 years agoA very fast and effortless install in under 30 seconds, and all the default settings work perfectly.
I went right to redditt to see the results and it worked well. I opted to use underscores, which are easier on the eyes than asterisks. It caught everything and indicated the number of substitutions over the filter icon.
While the default settings will give you 95% of what you need, it also allows for customization. And programmers rejoice--it even supports regular expressions!
This simple and useful extension is worthy of a donation.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Dilaver, 4 years agoHi, I'm from Turkey and using this add-on on Turkish language. There is a problem with "İ" characker for example İstanbul, AİLE, İran, İslam... it is a perfact extension. Please make it better.Hello! Thanks for reporting the issue. I've created an ticket to track this issue here: https://github.com/richardfrost/AdvancedProfanityFilter/issues/184 . Unfortunately there are some issues with unicode characters like the ones you reported, but most can be solved by putting in a specific case to work around them. I will try to get this implemented in the next release.
- Rated 5 out of 5by ByteofPi, 4 years agoHaven't tried it for audio yet, but otherwise works well. TIP: If the 'censor' option doesn't work (as it does not for Reddit for me), use the 'remove' option.
Edit 2: I updated to 72.0b3 today and censoring works fine now. Thanks!!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Matthew Miner, 4 years agoThis is the most powerful profanity I have found. While it works great out of the box, you can customize it to do anything you want and even transfer your settings easily between browsers. It's hard to imagine how it could do a better job.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 14796298, 4 years agoThank you for this fantastic addon! I made a wordlist for an emethophobic dear friend of mine, so if needed, she can avoid daily exposure of non-safe, possibly phobia-inducing words for herself.
(also, finetuning grep for hungarian grammar is hell :) )
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 14728449, 5 years agoFantastic extension that I use for a live chat. This extension has an amazing developer who will respond and correct any issues with the extension. 5 stars, great work Richard!
- Rated 5 out of 5by EasyPeasy, 5 years agoThank you for helping me clean up reddit. Along with some of the comments, there are a few usernames I prefer not to read. UPDATE: Still using it and it's still going strong. Thank you again, developer!