- by Firefox user 16434413, 10 months agoRated 5 out of 5Not only does the text filter work perfectly for my needs, but the audio filter is an exceptional feature that I didn't notice at first but now might be my favorite aspect. Thank you!
- by Sunshiner5, a year agoRated 5 out of 5I liked this extension immediately, as it works straight away, better than I expected. It does the job you want. Has lots of options to customise settings and add words. That's quite easy. There's a very good Help page explains EVERY setting. Use it on Chrome too. Both good.
- by Firefox user 15001250, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5A very fast and effortless install in under 30 seconds, and all the default settings work perfectly.
I went right to redditt to see the results and it worked well. I opted to use underscores, which are easier on the eyes than asterisks. It caught everything and indicated the number of substitutions over the filter icon.
While the default settings will give you 95% of what you need, it also allows for customization. And programmers rejoice--it even supports regular expressions!
This simple and useful extension is worthy of a donation.
- by Dilaver, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Hi, I'm from Turkey and using this add-on on Turkish language. There is a problem with "İ" characker for example İstanbul, AİLE, İran, İslam... it is a perfact extension. Please make it better.Hello! Thanks for reporting the issue. I've created an ticket to track this issue here: https://github.com/richardfrost/AdvancedProfanityFilter/issues/184 . Unfortunately there are some issues with unicode characters like the ones you reported, but most can be solved by putting in a specific case to work around them. I will try to get this implemented in the next release.
- by ByteofPi, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Haven't tried it for audio yet, but otherwise works well. TIP: If the 'censor' option doesn't work (as it does not for Reddit for me), use the 'remove' option.
Edit 2: I updated to 72.0b3 today and censoring works fine now. Thanks!!
- by Matthew Miner, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5This is the most powerful profanity I have found. While it works great out of the box, you can customize it to do anything you want and even transfer your settings easily between browsers. It's hard to imagine how it could do a better job.
- by Firefox user 14796298, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Thank you for this fantastic addon! I made a wordlist for an emethophobic dear friend of mine, so if needed, she can avoid daily exposure of non-safe, possibly phobia-inducing words for herself.
(also, finetuning grep for hungarian grammar is hell :) )
- by Firefox user 14728449, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Fantastic extension that I use for a live chat. This extension has an amazing developer who will respond and correct any issues with the extension. 5 stars, great work Richard!
- by EasyPeasy, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Thank you for helping me clean up reddit. Along with some of the comments, there are a few usernames I prefer not to read. UPDATE: Still using it and it's still going strong. Thank you again, developer!
- by Firefox user 13629280, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5I love it. Just what I needed. Thanks for developing this!!!! My suggestion, if I may, is for the add-on to ignore non English sites (i.e. French). It would be nice to have that option in the settings.
- by Firefox user 14197305, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Works extremely excellent in my Firefox and allows me to read the internet, especially reddit, free of bad language. Thank you so much Richard Frost! :D
- by Firefox user 13903173, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5nvm there is no problem
Developer responseposted 3 years agoI'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with webpages going black after installing this Add-on. I haven't heard of this happening to anyone else, so would you be willing to open an issue https://github.com/richardfrost/AdvancedProfanityFilter/issues/new and provide me with some details like a webpage that it happens on, maybe a screen shot, and details such as your Firefox version and OS. Thanks for your interest!
- by Firefox user 13664254, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5This add-on works very well on my Windows computer! It didn't work on my Android at first, but I guess all I needed to do was restart Firefox. It works now! Thank you!