Review by Firefox user 15225255
- Rated 5 out of 5by aalvarado, a year agothis statement in the changelog:
> As a user pointed out, setting “reader.parse-on-load.force-enabled” to “true” using the configuration editor will force the icon to be visible as well, without the need to install this add-on.
Does not work everywhere.
This extension, with the obvious exception of mozilla pages, does work everywhere. Install this extesion if you would like an `Book like experience in sites like Wikipedia, Cheat sheets. Articles, etc!
You can save it as an epub (never do mobi. `.mobi` is a walled garden, wouldn't touch it with a stick) or a `.pdf` file.
You can print it and stick it on your wall. Just imagine having that page laying next to you about your vim shortcuts.
Thank you gitlab.com/fkohrt!!
// self promotion:
// Using Jira? Want dark mode but you want variety?
// Have changes and want to contribute ideas or better yet. Code?
// please check out
// You use Stylus and/or Usercss?
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 17406742, a year agodie interne Leseansicht von firefox funktioniert manchmahl nicht, mit dem addon geht es in soeinem fall dann doch.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 16596123, a year agoThe one click way to bypass publication paywalls!
- Rated 5 out of 5by testuser42, 2 years agoDoes not a lot, but does what it says, so I'm gonna give it 5 Stars. However, I'm not gonna use it anymore, as I frequently need to edit the text in reader view - thanks for linking similar descriptions below.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 15045770, 2 years agoWorks great! Appreciate the open source!
Setting "reader.parse-on-load.force-enabled" actually does NOT always work; pick a random article off of www.cnn.com for an example. This plugin forces reader mode even when that option fails. Thank you.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Hector, 2 years agoPlease consider adding a shortcut/hotkey to activate this feature. There is no way to do that by default firefox settings.
True, about:config can get similar feature as this addon, so maybe adding a hotkey would make this addon a very useful suppliment for the default settings!
- Rated 4 out of 5by DarkFalcon, 3 years agoI know you can force the Reader Mode via About:config, however I like being able to distinguish which pages Firefox "supports" reader mode, vs when it needs to be forced.
The only change I would suggest, I don't know if the addon keeps a state recorded, but I keep finding myself pushing the addon button to try exit reading mode - since I used the button to enter reading mode, only for nothing to happen and I have to click the traditional reading mode button to exit. I know I will probably learn not to do this "wrong behavior", but I would like the addon button to Enter/Exit reading mode, it just seems more intuitive. The button's hover text does say "Toggle Reader View" after all, and not "Turn on Reader View", so I would expect it to actually toggle :D
Developer responseposted 3 years agoSounds reasonable! I'm kinda busy in the moment but will look into it when time allows. In the meantime I gladly accept pull requests at https://gitlab.com/fkohrt/activate-reader-view
- Rated 5 out of 5by QuantumDrone, 3 years agoWorks perfectly even when changing Firefox's about:config setting "reader.parse-on-load.force-enabled" to true didn't work.