- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 16436270, 6 months agothis statement in the changelog:
> As a user pointed out, setting “reader.parse-on-load.force-enabled” to “true” using the configuration editor will force the icon to be visible as well, without the need to install this add-on.
Does not work everywhere.
This extension, with the obvious exception of mozilla pages, does work everywhere. Install this extesion if you would like an `Book like experience in sites like Wikipedia, Cheat sheets. Articles, etc!
You can save it as an epub (never do mobi. `.mobi` is a walled garden, wouldn't touch it with a stick) or a `.pdf` file.
You can print it and stick it on your wall. Just imagine having that page laying next to you about your vim shortcuts.
Thank you gitlab.com/fkohrt!!
// self promotion:
// Using Jira? Want dark mode but you want variety?
// Have changes and want to contribute ideas or better yet. Code?
// please check out
// You use Stylus and/or Usercss?
- Rated 5 out of 5by DaddyCool, 10 months agoIt seems that setting “reader.parse-on-load.force-enabled” to “true” no longer has any effect (some say ever since FF75). Anyway, with or without it there are sites' pages which can perfectly well be viewed in Reader Mode and yet the mode is inaccessible with Firefox as is... but is perfectly accessible with this 'Activate Reader View' : try CNN pages for instance. I happen to wonder if sites have any authority on blocking the native Page Mode... Anyway, this extension does it. Very nice work.
- Rated 5 out of 5by testuser42, 2 years agoDoes not a lot, but does what it says, so I'm gonna give it 5 Stars. However, I'm not gonna use it anymore, as I frequently need to edit the text in reader view - thanks for linking similar descriptions below.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 15045770, 2 years agoWorks great! Appreciate the open source!
Setting "reader.parse-on-load.force-enabled" actually does NOT always work; pick a random article off of www.cnn.com for an example. This plugin forces reader mode even when that option fails. Thank you.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Hector, 2 years agoPlease consider adding a shortcut/hotkey to activate this feature. There is no way to do that by default firefox settings.
True, about:config can get similar feature as this addon, so maybe adding a hotkey would make this addon a very useful suppliment for the default settings!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 15037318, 3 years agoTo the developer:
The icon for this addon is next to invisible on my top right where it is located. Its color is a faint grey. In order to have it visible you need to put it in white instead.
Thanks to consider solving this icon issue.
Good job, now I can see it much better.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoThe background color of the icon was transparent, which made it hard to distinguish the contours on Firefox' grey user interface. As of version 0.1.2, the icon's background is white, thanks for the suggestion!