- Rated 3 out of 5by TheTechRobo, 3 years agoFunctional but a bit slow to start up first time. Fast otherwise. In a different language than english but not too important there's only a few text boxes/buttons. Doesn't copy direct to clipboard; would be nice to remove hassle. A little complicated. Can't find any advertised "context menu". (EDIT: Now I can; didn't see that it's in the FF context menu) EDIT 2: Alt-X doesn't work. Context menu too complex (would be nice if there were the last used language in the popup and then a submenu to change it) Decent otherwise.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Olga-from-volga, 3 years agoIt did work some years ago. But seems to have stopped the Macro functions (Oct. 2020). Right Click still works, you get 2 stars for that.
Specially bad is the lack of proper instructions. So I add :A=Ä|:a=ä|:O=Ö|:o=ö|:U=Ü|:u=ü|:s=ß (where? about:addons or alt+k?) - I type :+a - and then what? How to execute?
A better manual and a few working examples would be great!
An English version would be great too. The hoover text is icelandig or something else.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 12267115, 4 years agoUnfortunately, I have not found a good manual for the app. I do not really understand the 'help' at http://lingvo.org/abctajpu.
Basically, I find the idea of Esperanto good, but the user interface should be in English, because a lot more people understand that. It would be even better to offer different languages. I would like to help with a translation into German.
At the moment it is frustrating to figure out how to use the app properly.
- Rated 1 out of 5by End User, 5 years agoWindows10x64, Firefox63x64:
Functionality is ultimately broken since Quantum.
Now "User Defined Macros" are completely destroyed.
Declaration of alt-k binding is false. Just false.
Alt-c is effective in very rare occasions.
All and every non-favourite languages form-up a kilometre-tall menu that is mostly unusable.
And esperanto hints here-and-there are plain derision and humiliation of a user.
Fixes are urged:
1) repair alt-x to work everywhere
2) repair alt-k whatever it does. I never had a chance to know-out what it is supposed to do
3) repair user macros
4) replace entire history of humankind languages with the only favourite languages for pop-up.
Until then this add-on is useless.
Example of broken websites: web.whatsapp.com, slack.com, wikipedia.org, ... most of sites. And addons.mozilla.org here too.
Macros are mostly default: https://justpaste.it/6xnpm
Alt-K is not reserved in Windows10Firefox64, it just fails to work.
"fr, de, es" defines a killometre-tall popup with all letters possible.
Developer responseposted 5 years agoSince Quantum all extensions in Firefox are standard web extensions, which means some functions are no longer available (for example smooth abcTajpu inserting into the address bar or search box ). That said, macros do work for the websites I tested on (and tested on Windows 10, Windows 7, Android). Please check the format is good a=b|c=d etc, and if still a problem send me a URL to test on. Some (complex) sites do interfere with abcTajpu (alt-k and especially alt-x), so it can't be expected to work everywhere (but at least the clipboard should get populated).
Alt-k just starts the popup (which is the same as pressing the green abcTajpu button on the toolbar). Firefox can't yet remap keys, so if alt-k is already assigned then pressing the button is all you've got.
Favourite languages can be configured in the third options entry by putting a comma separated list of language codes, for example for French and Spanish enter fr, es (note there is a space after the comma).
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 14134219, 6 years agoSuperb. Full access to every UNICODE letter there is (that I can tell at least) from right-click menu. Very well done.
Minus one due to reduction in symbols that used to be available in the older version - these were really useful, would like to see them reinstated.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 14128238, 6 years agoHi, Thanks for this great AddIn!
Only thing i miss since the "newer" Versions: The MES2XX signs. (eg the Zodiac-Signs)
Or am I only to blind to find them?
- Rated 1 out of 5by Spider, 6 years agoI don't know what changed, but it updated and suddenly I can't use the INS shortcut, and I can't configure it because the menu cuts off and the instructions are unclear. Typing [letter][accent], then typing INS and having the accent 'jump' onto the letter, was WAY easy and I really wish that feature would come back, because I got used to using it.
- Rated 2 out of 5by ReneF, 6 years agoIs it still possible to chose your own Hot-Key ? I looked for it, but was unable to find out how.
Developer responseposted 6 years agoBy pressing alt-K the abctajpu popup will appear, and if the first checkbox is ticked (⚡) then you go straight to the first text entry box (for macros) and when you enter a valid macro the popup automatically closes and the macro expansion is inserted into the page. For example if the abctajpu options defines macro c=ĉ and the ⚡ is ticked, then typing alt-k c will insert a ĉ. The choice of alt-k should be configurable by the Firefox brower itself (it's easy to find in Chrome, but seems to be missing in current Firefox). Also, due to Firefox bug 1324255, instead of typing alt-k c, you currently have to type alt-k tab tab c (hopefully this will be fixed soon). Note that Firefox on Android works a little differently.