- by wazzak, 15 days agoRated 1 out of 5Wife's iMac could not page thru Facebook properly until disabled. On my Ubuntu machine could no left click on item that used to give details, no fixed by deleting in both cases. Now everything is back to normal.
- by Firefox user 12749603, a month agoRated 1 out of 5Verbraucht bei neuem Ryzen PC
26 GB virtueller Speicher, Firefox stoppt /friert darauf hin ein
Developer responseposted a month agoVirtual memory is not real memory, this is the virtual address space. The higher virtual address space is a consequence if using WASM. The size of the virtual address space is completely inconsequential to physical memory usage or performance. You can disable WASM in uBO's advanced settings, but as said, your performance issues are not caused by the higher virtual memory figures. (A reminder that uBO is measurably less performant when disabling WASM).
- by Firefox user 15504130, 2 months agoRated 1 out of 5ive tried and tried to like this, ive watched videos in case i was doing something wrong. ive deleted and reinstalled this many times over a few years now trying to like it, I HATE IT!!! ive been using umatrix for some time with no problems, i know its no longer supported so when it no longer works ill find another solution.
- by Brainetree, 3 months agoRated 1 out of 5uBlock Origin used to be the very best, but now getting tons of ads. Could give links and print screens but will spare you. Been going on for some time, very disappointing. Fact is, don't see any of the ad blockers working like they used to, have tried them all.
- by Sid, 3 months agoRated 1 out of 5I am not a Social Media person. I don't do Facebook, My Space, Pinterest, Linked-In or any of that "look at me" BS. I don't even use my phone for email and as such am not stupid enough to pay for unneeded data and have very limited data each month because of that fact. I rarely use my preferred Firefox Browser for Android on my phone and installed the uBlock Origin add on to stop my phone's browser from REPEATEDLY being hijacked AS MUCH AS TEN TIMES A DAY AND SEVERAL TIMES AN HOUR to go to bull crap Tarot websites in particular!!! I added the uBlock Origin add on to my Firefox Browser for Android AND SPECIFICALLY ADDED www.toouds.top, toouds.top, https://www.toouds.top/ to the MY FILTERS section of the app and clicked the little gold check mark above the list and the freaking uBlock Origin still permits the browser to be hijacked and goes to the freaking Tarot website and does nothing to stop this unauthorized data theft just to show me their crap!!!
There is a reason I hate smartphones! I have a mediocre 16Mpxl digital camera that easily puts the P.O.S. phone camera to shame. I have a great Asus Notebook PC that blows the phone's online capabilities away! I Have a fantastic LG OLED65C9PUA TV with Dolby ATMOS that simply gives me no reason to even want to look at a tiny phone screen other than to see who is calling.
My phone is a phone... PERIOD!!! I don't need it OR ANYONE trying to convince me to use it for any other crap. If I could throw it away and go back to a reliable flip phone, I would!
uBlock Origin for Firefox for Android isn't doing a damned thing to help improve my opinion of smartphones. There is NOTHING intuitive about how to use uBlock Origin for Firefox for the Android OS and even after following EVERY step given in the online tutorials I did find, it CONSTANTLY FAILS to block tarot websites AND THIS IS INEXCUSABLE FOR SOMETHING TOUTED AS BEING SO DAMNED GOOD when from all my experience with it, IT IS WORTHLESS!
The following IS my complete "My Filters" list in uBlock Origin for Firefox for Android:
AND THE TOTALLY WORTHLESS uBlock Origing STILL PERMITS THE BROWSER TO GO TO THE freaking .toouds BS tarot website!!!
Copied from above:
"Finally, an efficient wide-spectrum content blocker. Easy on CPU and memory."
A FREAKING LIE!
I think you had better reacquaint yourself with the definition of the word efficient AND IMPROVE YOUR WORTHLESS PRODUCT!
Copied from below:
This add-on needs to:
Read and modify privacy settings
Access browser tabs
Store unlimited amount of client-side data
Access browser activity during navigation
Access your data for all websites"
I'm adding one...
THIS ADD-ON NEEDS TO ACTUALLY WORK AS ADVERTISED!
Since uBlock Origin for Firefox for Android is TOTALLY WORTHLESS and since I don't use my phone online BECAUSE I HAVE A PC FOR THAT, I deleted both the Chrome and Firefox Browsers from my phone in order to prevent me being billed premium data rates due to all this freaking ILLEGAL DATA THEFT that uBlock Origin does nothing to stop.
PROBLEM SOLVED!!! NO THANKS TO uBlock Origin!!!