- Rated 2 out of 5by Erut, a month agoHorrible slow down in page load speed with this plugin. Took months to figure out as it seems it should be an innocuous plug in. If you're experiencing slow page loads, try disabling this plugin.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Miraculix, a month agoFunktionierte mal ganz gut im Firefox -Browser, leider seit geraumer Zeit nicht mehr für alle Seiten.
Ich muss den DarkReader für manche Seiten Ständig deaktivieren, dann die Seite neu Laden und wieder aktivieren, so das die Bilder wieder alle angezeigt werden bei der Dynamit-Einstellung.
Die Filter+ Einstellung hat für mich keine schöne "Farbgestaltung".
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 16474489, 2 months agoThis addon is a test of frustration. Half the time it doesn't work properly. Either it sets dark theme during the day or fails to set it after sunset. I tried letting it follow the device theme and the location coordinates, and in both cases the problem persists. I don't understand why I constantly find myself manually disabling/enabling the dark theme. It used to be way better.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 17333868, 5 months agoI really wish this worked better, so many sites including this one still have a glaring white background and no settings seem to make any difference. sites it does work it inverts images which is largely useless especially when it makes dark images bright more often than bright images dark
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 5719110, 5 months agoLeider funktioniert der dark reader nicht richtig, in fennec , Android Pie. Einmal kann ich das Farbschema / Theme umschalten, aber wenn ich browsertab umschalte, oder eine Seite neu lade, ist die Seite nicht mehr im dark oder welch auch anderem Theme.
Wenn ich dann die dark reader-Einstellungen laden will, gibt es sinngemäß "Einstellungen werden geladen, bitte warten, aber passiert nichts.
Einzig in den AddOn Einstellungen von fennec kann ich den dark reader deaktivieren.
- Rated 2 out of 5by BladeMaker, 6 months agoNoticeable lag upon clicking a website so i deleted this extension within 5 minutes of using. I am instead awaiting a global native universal dark for all websites, hope Firefox implements this like Chrome's "chrome://flags/#enable-force-dark" which is extremely effective on all websites and without the slowdown of an extension.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 13891300, 7 months agoChange colors pretty well, but it causes a lot of pages to load very slowly, in stages, and in the meantime sometimes it'll be half dark, half white, stark eye-straining contrast.
- Rated 2 out of 5by obsolith.void, 7 months agowell it works, but does not work as i need it to. i want it to be off and only toggle on for specific pages, not HAVE to be on all time for all pages just to toggle it off again for all the pages... just for the sake of having a few pages in dark mode. and it slows down the browser a lot on my low-end notebook. the devs should should check out how this extension is really annoying on different artists bandcamp pages. i listen to a lot of music from there and have to toggle off for pretty much every single page. i also have to say that i tried out about 2 years ago and still the same issue. just not for me...
- Rated 2 out of 5by TheAntisocial, 8 months agoLove the idea but it's janky. Some sites look odd, which is fine as you can disable per site, but i currently can't as the shortcut isn't working and the menu has stopped working properly. Also causes a slight delay in loading sites that it's turned on for.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 17031243, a year agoI have two problems with Dark Reader. (1) When I change to a new tab or new content for a tab I typically get a bright white initial display before Dark Reader kicks in to style the new content, completely dazzling my dark-adapted eyes and obviating the point of the extension and (2) Critical content is often unreadable using Dark Reader. I'm guessing that the first problem is not easy to address given the self-imposed limitations of FF's new extension mechanism!
- Rated 2 out of 5by n.b., a year agoThis add-on sometimes works like a charm, but often breaks webpages, making them unusable whether or not I toggle the add-on on or off entirely or for single websites. The add-on often makes necessary navigation text and links unreadable/invisible. Also, removing the add-on does not remove the CSS from these pages, I probably need to empty my caches.