- Rated 3 out of 5by acabres, a day agoThis is a great idea but it needs some fixing because it seems to have problems and it needs to be available in (Firefox) natively just like it's available in (Microsoft Edge) and needs to function the same way exactly putting it in the sidebar is actually not how it's supposed to function.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Rodrigo, a month agoIt's very sad this plugin was abandoned 5 years ago, it had a lot of potential. Specially nowadays as other browsers like Vivaldi and Arc come with very powerful multitasking tools.
If at some point, Firefox decides to give support to this plugin again, two suggestions I think would help a lot:
1. Be able to open the side view with a hotkey
2. Be able to navigate (through URLs) in the side view, instead of being stuck in the page you opened it
- Rated 5 out of 5by Zesko, a month agoCan someone maintain this plugin?
Some important features are missing:
* Ability to add multiple website icons in link or right panel.
* Click on any icon to open its website in the panel.
They are useful for workflow!
They would be like Vivaldi side panel
- Rated 5 out of 5by realsamiru, a month agoIf I had known about this feature, I would never have left Firefox for Edge. (Please add this as a built-in feature.)
Edge had another very productive feature called Web Select, which allowed users to copy text with formats. It was based on their built-in web capturing feature, but unfortunately, they deprecated it. Now users are upset, and Bing Chat is not a very useful feature to keep people with Edge.
Please add a Web Select-like feature to Firefox Capture. This is the last thing I need from Firefox. Great work! You are the pioneer of browsers. Thanks!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Anduril97, 2 months agoHow to change max width of side panel:
Updated instructions for Oct. 2023 (I'm on Firefox version 118)
- Go to Firefox menu: Help -> More Troubleshooting information
- in Application Basics section find row called Profile Directory, click on Open Directory button
- create folder here named "chrome"
- in this folder create a text file called "userChrome.css"
- open this file in any text editor
- paste the following text into the file and save it
/* remove maximum/minimum width restriction of sidebar */
max-width: none !important;
min-width: 30% !important;
- you can close the text file.
- now go to about:config in your firefox address bar.
- paste this in the search bar: toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations.stylesheets
- change from false to true (press the button on right)
- restart firefox. done!
- (Note: you can change the value in min-width to any % or even use something like 20px instead)
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 11954772, 3 months agoThis add-on did the trick for me appart the wobbly formatting and mostly the lack of a short-key to open in the splitted pane (for example to see the lyrics of a song from a search engine). As I was frustrated about the width's limitation I searched on the issue area of the project homepage and I found the issue #420 which gives a workaround to resize.