Rated 4.6 out of 5
4.6 Stars out of 5
- by Davin, 25 days agoRated 5 out of 5I love the fact that it works 99% of the time... Only thing is some sites take some time to load. But it's understandable as it requires a bit of resources too... If you have a fast device, this should work flawlessly... 🙂
- by SleepyP, a month agoRated 5 out of 5-Edit-
Updated to 5 stars on account of me being dumb. Great work, Alex :)
I had found that there are sometimes issues with some random websites not loading / rendering correctly with Dark Reader enabled.
This is to be expected, since the way sites are coded & styled varies, sometimes a lot.
Fortunately, this extension DOES give you a user interface for dealing with such situations.
Hit the 3-dot button to display the general Firefox menu, and then scroll down to the Dark Reader option to access this extension's nicely built UI.
This allows you to disable the extension on a site-by-site / per-URL basis, making it the perfect companion for anybody with sensitive eyes.
- by Firefox user 15824905, a month agoRated 2 out of 5I noticed the page loading on my laptops was very slow. I checked the connection, traceroute etc.
It turned out that it was this extension that delayed the loading of the website. It's understandable since it needs to translate the CSS of each page to dark mode.
The idea behind it is cool but the HUGE performance hit makes it not worth it.
It may work fine on computers with newest Ryzens but it sure doesn't work well on my company 1.7 Ghz CPU
- by Ari B, a month agoRated 2 out of 5This started out great but over time has become and increasing nuisance. It really would be best if it had some sort of machine learning in it that allowed intelligent display of a page based on the page's settings, not necessarily this app. Renders Ecosia searches illegible and frequently makes pages look dusty rather than making them more readable; dark grey text on a taupe background is actually really difficult to read. It also eats up memory like nobody's business. Won't be using again, i'll just turn down the whole screen brightness and deal with it.
- by Hasan Coşkun, a month agoRated 5 out of 5Bilgisayarda kullandığım bu müthiş eklenti Firefox previewla birlikte androide de geldi. Üstelik android 10la gelen koyu/gece modunu otomatik algılayıp ona göre otomatik açılıp kapanıyor kesinlikle yüklenmesi gereken eklentilerden. Gece modu olmayan siteleri bile gece moduna sokuyor.