- Rated 2 out of 5by HaricotsDeLiam, 10 days agoAutomation is broken when used on Firefox for macOS. When the extension is set to follow the system dark theme and macOS is set to "Auto" instead of "Light" or "Dark", Dark Reader mistakenly thinks the system is set to "Light" no matter what time of day it is.
Downloading any of the past 25 older versions of the extension doesn't resolve the problem.
The Chrome version of this extension has no such issues.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 17998462, 2 months agoLately it interferes with too many websites. So many sites, especially for news, use the "read more" button to see beyond the first paragraph or so, but I can't click it. I have to disable this addon before it works. I wish dark mode were more of the default across the web because it's so much better for your eyes.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Chris Grimmett, 2 months agoDark Reader has one of the most confusing user interfaces I have used. It is completely unfamiliar to any other software I use on a regular basis. I can't tell if any of the settings are in the on/off enabled/disabled state due to ambiguous design. For example, a button shows either x or ✓. Does x on the button mean I'm switching to x by clicking or does it mean x is the current state? Another toggle uses a left/right instead of x and ✓. A third type of button uses x and ✓ but it's only on the left side. Then there's the light/dark flat buttons which I fail to differentiate. Does light mean pressed or does dark mean pressed? There is a complete lack of predictability and logic and I can't understand how I'm supposed to use it. I'm looking for an alternative extension.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Alonzo, 2 months agoI use Firefox 115 and found out that this extension is the reason for all the problems I've been having with Firefox lately, which are extremely sluggish performance, slow loading of all websites, worst of all Youtube. And Outlook.live.com stopped working at all. After uninstalling "Dark Reader" Firefox is now super fast again and even Outlook and Youtube are working flawlessly. I'm now using "Dark background and light text" which does not cause any problems.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Nano-Ocelot, a year agoI'm not sure if the interface changed and I just can't find the option but it appears that the custom colors option is now removed? That was the main reason I used the addon. I really hope I'm just missing something here.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Erut, a year agoHorrible slow down in page load speed with this plugin. Took months to figure out as it seems it should be an innocuous plug in. If you're experiencing slow page loads, try disabling this plugin.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Miraculix, a year agoFunktionierte mal ganz gut im Firefox -Browser, leider seit geraumer Zeit nicht mehr für alle Seiten.
Ich muss den DarkReader für manche Seiten Ständig deaktivieren, dann die Seite neu Laden und wieder aktivieren, so das die Bilder wieder alle angezeigt werden bei der Dynamit-Einstellung.
Die Filter+ Einstellung hat für mich keine schöne "Farbgestaltung".
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 16474489, a year agoThis addon is a test of frustration. Half the time it doesn't work properly. Either it sets dark theme during the day or fails to set it after sunset. I tried letting it follow the device theme and the location coordinates, and in both cases the problem persists. I don't understand why I constantly find myself manually disabling/enabling the dark theme. It used to be way better.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 17333868, 2 years agoI really wish this worked better, so many sites including this one still have a glaring white background and no settings seem to make any difference. sites it does work it inverts images which is largely useless especially when it makes dark images bright more often than bright images dark
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 5719110, 2 years agoLeider funktioniert der dark reader nicht richtig, in fennec , Android Pie. Einmal kann ich das Farbschema / Theme umschalten, aber wenn ich browsertab umschalte, oder eine Seite neu lade, ist die Seite nicht mehr im dark oder welch auch anderem Theme.
Wenn ich dann die dark reader-Einstellungen laden will, gibt es sinngemäß "Einstellungen werden geladen, bitte warten, aber passiert nichts.
Einzig in den AddOn Einstellungen von fennec kann ich den dark reader deaktivieren.
- Rated 2 out of 5by BladeMaker, 2 years agoNoticeable lag upon clicking a website so i deleted this extension within 5 minutes of using. I am instead awaiting a global native universal dark for all websites, hope Firefox implements this like Chrome's "chrome://flags/#enable-force-dark" which is extremely effective on all websites and without the slowdown of an extension.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 13891300, 2 years agoChange colors pretty well, but it causes a lot of pages to load very slowly, in stages, and in the meantime sometimes it'll be half dark, half white, stark eye-straining contrast.
- Rated 2 out of 5by obsolith.void, 2 years agowell it works, but does not work as i need it to. i want it to be off and only toggle on for specific pages, not HAVE to be on all time for all pages just to toggle it off again for all the pages... just for the sake of having a few pages in dark mode. and it slows down the browser a lot on my low-end notebook. the devs should should check out how this extension is really annoying on different artists bandcamp pages. i listen to a lot of music from there and have to toggle off for pretty much every single page. i also have to say that i tried out about 2 years ago and still the same issue. just not for me...