- Βαθμολογία 2 από 5από GeoffJ, ένας χρόνος πρινSo, I am trying to use Video Download Helper, as suggested by a user on the Linux Mint Forum. First attempts, and I get an imbeded video downloaded, looking a bit drunk and wavy. Big problem is, no sound. When attempting the download, it then tells me I need a companion and offers either the Browser one or another. The Firefox Browser one does not download sound. The other one has options on versions of Linux, but not including mine, which is: Linux Mint Tricia 19.3 mate. Which one should I use? GJ
Two weeks later, I can download a perfectly good video, but still with no sound. How do I get a video with sound? The sound is there in the original, but not in the saved version. Is this a Firefox error? Firefox has been updated recently, but still no sound. GJ
- Βαθμολογία 2 από 5από Χρήστης Firefox 14357020, ένας χρόνος πρινIt DOES download many videos from youtube and other sites.
It ALSO hits you with a 28-dollar fee if you try to CONVERT any video!
- Βαθμολογία 2 από 5από zecasadeck, 2 χρόνια πρινI used this add-on a lot and as a way of saying thanks, I made a donation to the developer. Now, they want us to pay some more cash to get rid of a watermark. I don't think that's very fair.
- Βαθμολογία 2 από 5από TT, 2 χρόνια πρινHave used for a very long time and works really well. However now they have a very large watermark in the lefthand corner which basically makes the video unusable.
I think most free users would accept a level of advertising / watermark, as it is fair to advertise and as for money however with how large it is there is no point to this addon now unless you pay. Such a shame.
- Βαθμολογία 2 από 5από ActionAction, 2 χρόνια πρινIts a memory hog. Why does this feel the need to take up 3-4 gigs of ram when using it? I have to go and kill the process every so often when its being used and kill it again once I'm done
- Βαθμολογία 2 από 5από Χρήστης Firefox 16915170, 2 χρόνια πρινThe reason why I voted so low is shady practice and low performance. You need to install an app in addition for this to work. The addon pretends to work until you actually want to download something. Then you are forced to download an app. They should be upfront with this and install the app right away. After downloading the video it took ages to process is on modern processor (Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700KF CPU) and only after that you'll get a middle finger in the form on a huge watermark in the video saying Sorry, but you need to pay. If the watermark was reasonably small, maybe, but it's really huge. It's obvious they want it to be as annoying as possible and basically force the user to buy whatever they offer. I would never buy it from people like this. What will be the next surprise? Limited downloads that I can recharge for 9.99 per month? Not eligibile until I buy VIP sub? This whole thing has a desperate scam feel to it. Feels almost like extortion. If you want to sell it guys, be upfront about it and sell it as commercial product from moment one. Or create clearly labelled Lite version where you get what you offer on page one and a full, paid one.
- Βαθμολογία 2 από 5από Χρήστης Firefox 13397220, 2 χρόνια πρινBonjour ! je ne parviens pas à me servir de cette extension, lorsque j'ai l'impression d’enregistrer, je ne retrouve nul part ce que j'ai enregistré. Je ne trouve pas d'aide en Français à propos de ce module.
- Βαθμολογία 2 από 5από leetNigthshade, 2 χρόνια πρινThis extension largely requires you to install a third party companion app to do most of anything. Very fishy. I downloaded an alternative extension which can download things without needing a companion app. This extension is useless without installing it's suggested companion application.
- Βαθμολογία 2 από 5από Χρήστης Firefox 15737324, 2 χρόνια πρινSix years ago, we used to be able download any 720p video (and even some 1,080p) virtually unrestricted, using this app and ONLY this app. Alone! Unsupported by any other app. Today, we are now required to download ANOTHER app (?!), a so-called "companion" app, even to download a video the size of a smartwatch (160x120)!
This app is THISCLOSE to being on the outs for me. What good is this so-called "most complete tool" if you have to download ANOTHER tool for it to work the way you EXPECT it to? To say nothing about the QR codes being slapped on videos that are downloaded with the secondary app, amid other things never mentioned in the app's overview.
- Βαθμολογία 2 από 5από harl windwolf, 2 χρόνια πρινWhy does the "downloadhelper coapp" start automatically (even re-starts when it's killed) and then ominously transmit tiny amounts of data every few seconds (to a Dutch IP, port 8088).
There's nothing to be downloaded, processed or otherwise and I didn't even touch the button or visit a relevant webpage to begin with.
5 stars for the add-on itself for being able to download videos from pages that don't provide a native way to download their videos (or streams).
It works well altogether, but the co-app's behaviour seems very suspicious at times.
Edit (2021/07/06): The VdhCoapp also not just starts seemingly randomly, but is also started whenever a "streamed" video is on the webpage, whether it is needed or makes sense at all or not.
The only situation the coapp should be started is when downloading (and converting) a video (or stream) *actually* needs it, but certainly not when the webpage is rendered.
There should be an option to force VDH to completely ignore the coapp even when it's installed and recognised.
- Βαθμολογία 2 από 5από siyangqiu, 2 χρόνια πρινNow a "license" is required or a big QR code is slapped on the video. This is a recent change. I normally don't mind paying for stuff, but at $30, that's really steep.