- von Kelson, vor 8 TagenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenVery flexible, and can sync bookmarks across *many* different devices and browsers. You can use your own Nextcloud server, or store the bookmarks encrypted on Google Drive or another cloud service. Either way, you know who has access to them, which is a big bonus for privacy.
The desktop browser add-on is mostly set-and-forget and you just use your regular browser bookmarks. For as many browsers as you want. I've been using it to sync between Firefox and Chrome since 2020, and while it had some problems syncing early on, it's been solid for so long I can't even *remember* the last time I encountered a sync error.
The mobile app syncs your bookmarks to itself, since most mobile browsers don't let add-ons access their bookmarks. It took all of 30 seconds to set up the Android version with my Nextcloud, and the initial sync didn't take much longer. The UI is simple, letting you do the basics of adding, removing, editing and moving bookmarks. They open in your default browser, and you can share a link from your browser to Floccus to bookmark it.
- von Adam P, vor 16 TagenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenGreat app. Just encountered a little bug caused by one of my bookmarks being titled "<°)))><". It resulted in all the following bookmarks in that folder being interpretted as a single one. I suspect it might have something to do with improper escaping of the "<" character.
- von Ennder, vor einem MonatBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenHello thanks for your marvellous app. I use it all the time on my desktops. This extensions does not seem to be installable on FF android Daylight (version 101) ? Is it planned to be compatible in the future ?
And thanks for your reply about the android app.
- von new, vor 4 MonatenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenIn the mobile version, you cannot click Add account and import account
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 2 MonatenPlease note, that firefox for Android does not yet support this addon at the moment, which is why it doesn't work. I recommend the floccus Android app, installable from Google Play :)
- von David, vor 5 MonatenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenGreat extension but I don't understand why I can sync either bookmarks or tabs but not both.
Edit: Ah --- I did not realize that I could do this by just setting up two accounts. Changing my rating immediately.
- von Satyam Kapoor, vor 10 MonatenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenLovely idea. It's just that I'm stupid and ended up deleting some bookmarks.
Thanks again I really like Floccus. Idk what can be done to improve, perhaps better documentation so naive people like me don't end up making mistakes? Perhaps a recycling functionality?
In the end, I'm happy for that it exists.
- von bruno, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternenfloccus funktioniert super in debian(KDE) und ubuntu(KDE) mit nextcloud 21.02. Probleme habe ich in Manjaro(KDE) in einer kvm:
2021-08-04T17:21:56.883Z Starting sync process for account email@example.com
2021-08-04T17:21:57.060Z Using "merge slave" strategy (no cache available)
2021-08-04T17:21:57.180Z Loading sparse tree as necessary
2021-08-04T17:21:57.197Z Fetching bookmarks
2021-08-04T17:21:57.687Z Syncing failed with E020: Antwort des Servers konnte nicht gelesen werden. Ist die Bookmarks App auf Ihrem Server installiert?
JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data
Gleiche Meldung auf raspi4b unter ubuntu und manjaru(KDE)
- von Firefox-Benutzer 16924348, vor einem JahrBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenSyncing from one browser seems to work fine but the floccus.export.json file does nothing when I try to add my account to other browsers. There is no info oin the FAQs on what to do when this process doesnt work wither. A sync file that doesnt sync between browsers is no use to me.
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor einem JahrThank you for your feedback! Make sure to select the accounts you want to export, otherwise nothing is exported and nothing will happen when importing.
Have a nice day!