- Bedømt til 1 ud af 5af Firefox-bruger 17370107, et år sidenС нового обновления требует залогиниться.
- Bedømt til 1 ud af 5af Firefox-bruger 13434336, et år sidenYou need to login to save a page & the last 3 or 4 updates are really bad for privacy.
I used it since it was a test-pilot program for Firefox in 2016 (no more 404s). But since all new "features" are really bad I uninstalled it.
- Bedømt til 1 ud af 5af A Firefox User, et år sidenThe add-on now forces you to log in to archive a page, but previous versions (and the archive.org website) have no such requirement. This login requirement is a serious regression that prevents me from using this version at all. I'm not going to create an account for no reason; I'd prefer to remain anonymous. I've reverted back to version 1.8.6 (which is still available here under "See all versions").
- Bedømt til 1 ud af 5af Firefox-bruger 17305735, et år sidenEverytime I go to my Banks website this plugin rediects me to its own page. Removed plugin from Firefox
- Bedømt til 1 ud af 5af kev, et år sidenI have found all functions of this add on, including archiving pages, detecting dead links and requesting archived pages to be entirely non functional. It prevents me from accessing working sites so often that I finally relented and uninstalled the add on
- Bedømt til 1 ud af 5af Hp93, et år sidenToo often it misdetect a perfectly fine website as "not found" and redirect to the addon page.
- Bedømt til 1 ud af 5af Firefox-bruger 14986384, et år sidenNot only is it incapable of archiving any web page, but it also gives so many false positives when it thinks a site is down when it in fact is not.
- Bedømt til 1 ud af 5af Stardust, 2 år sidenI absolutely love internet archive and wayback machine, and I wanted so much to love this extension.
But unfortunately it keeps giving me a crazy amount of fake positive unavailable webpages sometimes before it even tries to load, ruining my navigation in almost every session.
So why not just turn down the option of automatic detection and replacement of these pages and just keep the other great functionnalities ?
Because you just can't, you also cannot just reload the current page you were trying to reach when the extension find a fake positive, you re just stuck.
So uninstallation is the only way to go.
As long as this extension is not fixed and give absolutely no option to turn down the messy automatic error detection, stay away from this extension.
- Bedømt til 1 ud af 5af Firefox-bruger 13460059, 2 år sidenGreat and horrible addon. Horrible because the dead page detection has been nothing but false positives for the months I have used it. Great because everything else works as well as one could hope for. The dead page detection really is bad enough to make me uninstall an otherwise 5 star addon because it makes the overall browser much much worse. It would be a solid 5 if that detection had never been built in.
- Bedømt til 1 ud af 5af Edgar Onghena, 2 år sidenGreat extension, but it *very often* replaces 100% functioning web pages with its annoying "Page not available" dialog box. I usually reload the page to fix this but I don't even understand how it's possible to mess up reading an HTTP status code... An less intrusive solution would be to show a banner.
- Bedømt til 1 ud af 5af Patrice, 2 år sidenVisiblement ils ne regardent pas les critiques et ne corrigent pas leur extension depuis 3 ans : https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/wayback-machine_new/reviews/?score=1
Comme dit plus bas : I love the internet archive and the wayback machine, but I had to disable this extension because it constantly gives me false positives and won't let me see pages that are live. At the very least it needs a button to "Show Live Page" so I can override it. But as of now it's impossible to override without disabling the extension entirely.
- Bedømt til 1 ud af 5af Firefox-bruger 13452434, 2 år sidenVery intrusive. Sometimes replaces entire webpage before it gets time to load.
It says it detects _annoying_ 404 pages and ironically itself is very annoying.
- Bedømt til 1 ud af 5af J.M. Hardin, 3 år sidenI used to love this addon but lately it's kicking in simply when going back and forth in a single tab's history when the page I'm going to has displayed beautifully within the last two minutes. Now I only enable it when I need it, which is a royal pain.
- Bedømt til 1 ud af 5af Firefox-bruger 14565419, 4 år sidenI find it really, really annoying that I cannot block it's popup for some sites. For example, Reddit is down right now. Every time I reload, it pops its obnoxious "you wanna see an archived version of this page?" thing. No matter how many times I dismiss the damned thing. I don't want an archived version of Reddit. Please give us a way to black list sites from this popup!
- Bedømt til 1 ud af 5af Firefox-bruger 14106106, 4 år sidenI will consider changing the rating, once the major bug will be fixed, which causes this plugin to pop up on working websites.
- Bedømt til 1 ud af 5af Firefox-bruger 13156335, 4 år sidenToo damn keen on redirecting working sites - Iv'e disabled it now until it's fixed
- Bedømt til 1 ud af 5af lacoL, 5 år sidenToo damn aggressive, if it has a pop-over that I can close I would be very happy but to just cause it to move away from the site I'm viewing because an image gives a 404 status is damn right WRONG.
This thing i turned off until it is revisited that it checks for the base path to return a 404 and ignores if the original request returns a status of 200. How damn hard can it be?!
- Bedømt til 1 ud af 5af Tharwen, 5 år sidenIt keeps making it impossible to visit working sites by redirecting me to a page claiming they're dead. There really should be an option to disable the automatic redirection
- Bedømt til 1 ud af 5af Firefox-bruger 14024434, 5 år sidenThis addon absolutely has some use in concept but it takes over pages loading slowly or differently - even fast loading consisten pages on some websites I visit.
I wish it worked, I wish there was a minimum configurable timer, and I wish I could set it to ONLY come up on ACTUAL 404's.
Instead, I'm just going to disable it for now and see if it ever gets better. Sadly it is far more in the way than helpful.
- Bedømt til 1 ud af 5af Zbyněk Winkler, 5 år sidenOften shows some giant wayback image for urls that are working. Actually it seems to think that there is an dns error while there is none. Not usable in this state.
Please only hijack the error pages (404 and dns error) and provide a link there to the wayback machine. That would be perfect. And thanks for wayback machine.
- Bedømt til 1 ud af 5af hackel, 5 år sidenConstant false-positives, causing the giant Wayback Machine image to appear over an otherwise valid, working page, and causing me to loose all of my forward navigation history. Had to remove due to this extreme annoyance. Instead, it should simply show an icon in the address bar when an archived version of a page is available.