Hodnocení: 4,8 z 5
Hodnocení: 4,8 z 5
- od uživatele Uživatel Firefoxu - 13943199, před 2 letyHodnocení: 5 z 5Works quickly, very customizable, just great. I needed something like this after coming over from Chrome, I was so used to the 'tab to search" and in FF not every website's search bar supports being added as a keyword.
- od uživatele Uživatel Firefoxu - 13972641, před 2 letyHodnocení: 5 z 5I was looking for a replacement for SelectionSK. Really liked the SSS. It is possible to customize what you need. Thank you so much.
- od uživatele Uživatel Firefoxu - 13955540, před 2 letyHodnocení: 5 z 5It's absolutely great, there's just one problem I have with this - the pop-up shows sometimes when clicking on a youtube video. It would be nice if it could be fixed, but still it's not that big of a problem.
- od uživatele Uživatel Firefoxu - 13936285, před 2 letyHodnocení: 5 z 5Hi Daniel. Why do you need my permission to do, read and modify downloads?
EDIT: Thanks for the answer :) changing the review.Hi there! Some permissions are a very strange thing in SSS and they lead to doubt from users (understandably!). :) The main culprits are the permissions for downloads and web navigation, which are both related to very simple things that have almost nothing to do with downloads or web navigation.
The first one, from your question, is needed simply for saving/reading your SSS preferences to/from a file on your computer (at your request by clicking a button in the options page). This is in the domain of "downloads" and needs this permission.
The web navigation permission (you didn't ask but it's still important to make clear) was needed to fix a problem with the popup not working in pages with nested frames. Unfortunately the only way I could fix that problem requires the permission to detect when a page/frame finishes loading. This link has more information: https://github.com/CanisLupus/swift-selection-search/issues/69
I hope that makes it clear. :) Rest assured that SSS does not otherwise read or modify your downloads, does not care about what sites you use, and does not send your data anywhere (except perhaps in the future sending your preferences to Firefox Sync, but still only if you wish to do that).
- od uživatele PaceyPimps, před 2 letyHodnocení: 2 z 5Has promise but it only brings 4 search engines and does not explain well how to ad custom. It should add alot more for you to add like Amazon pintrest thepiratebay ect..Hey there!
Sorry to hear that I'm not explaining how to add engines very well. :(
SSS only includes a few search engines as (working) examples. You can import all search engines you use in your browser, for example, and then you can even add custom engines. Everything is explained under the instructions section of the add-on's options page. If you feel confused after reading those, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll try to understand the problem and explain as best as I can. :)
I can't add your browser engines automatically without user intervention because of browser limitations, and I don't add more than the basic 4 because then people would start asking for many many many engines that are not present, when they really should add those that they use. :)
I hope this makes sense!
All the best,
- od uživatele Uživatel Firefoxu - 13930952, před 2 letyHodnocení: 5 z 5Read the Update below.
An excellent enhancement extension for Firefox Quantum. I use to use DictionarySearch to do the same thing but that addon had very limited functionality compared to the much more powerful SSS. However, using this with 59.0.2 doesn't allow you to Open a Search in a New Tab or Window for some reason though the options are available within SSS. A bug perhaps with the latest SSS and/or Firefox? Otherwise i would be rating this 5 stars instead of 4.
Update: changed my original rating from 4 stars to 5 stars because the developer worked with me closely in troubleshooting the issue I had and helped me resolve it. It was my own folly... I needed to change the Open New Tab behavior in the Popup behavior menu and not the Context Menu options. The extension now works perfectly. My first 5 star rating for the new age of Quantum. All hail SSS!UPDATE: "All hail SSS!" haha Thank you very much! ;)
Hey, thanks for the review! :) I've replied to you (it is you, right? :P) on the issues page of GitHub. If the option is the correct one and there's another problem I'll try to find what it is. :)
- od uživatele Uživatel Firefoxu - 13921883, před 2 letyHodnocení: 5 z 5This is an essential extension. Very useful.
I would like to note, however, that the Youtube search icon disappeared from the pop-up. It used to work fine for a long time. All the other search engines show up fine except for Youtube for some reason.
I hope the dev will look into this issue.
Thank you for trying to help.
The issue has been resolved by disabling "Fanboy Annoyances" list in the Ad blocker.
This is now a perfect extension once again.UPDATE: Glad it works now! The Fanboy Annoyances list is the nemesis of SSS icons, and I forgot it once again. ;)
Hi there and thank you for the review! :)
Could you tell me what is the URL for the icon and for the search (in the SSS settings)?
On Firefox 59, I am using the default YouTube icon I include with SSS (among others) and it appears to be working normally here. Icons not showing is usually due to some difference in a configuration. If you have more details I can try to pinpoint the problem. :)
Please reply to email@example.com if you can, because the notifications for these reviews are unreliable!