- od uživatele Uživatel Firefoxu - 17181494, před 7 dnyHodnocení: 2 z 5🤯🤯🤯 Cannot just simply OPEN NEW TAB since now. WTF?
Without disturbing my brain with opening setup page instead again and again.
But why? Why?!
I need to have ability to open NOT only http or https as a new tab! What about "about:blank" AT LEAST? 🤨
- od uživatele miwoj, před 2 letyHodnocení: 2 z 5after opening new tab it takes 1-2 seconds for New Tab Override to load before it can be used.
too long for me, it breaks my flow. when i open new tab i want to start typing my search right away (same as in default empty new firefox tab).
- od uživatele Dick, před 3 letyHodnocení: 2 z 5I'm sure this works great for what it was designed for. However, I build my own Home Page using images on my harddrive as my link, not text. Because New Tab Override cannot load local images it's pointless.
- od uživatele Uživatel Firefoxu - 14320088, před 4 letyHodnocení: 2 z 5Will not allow loading local files on Ubuntu / Linux.
No, "Mozilla doesn't allow this functionality" is not an answer. I have a different extension, with the same local file, working perfectly fine on Windows 8.1 but it refuses to load on Ubuntu. This extension doesn't even make an attempt to load the file. It's HTML, CSS, JS so the semi support doesn't work (and isn't a real fix because I want changes to be made immediate which is why it's a local file in the first place). The only use I have for this extension does not work so it is immediately uninstalled.
Edit: I don't think I can reply to developer comments so I will here instead.
Firstly, I don't need to make a GitHub issue because this isn't GitHub. This is the review section of mozilla.org where I review the extension I downloaded that doesn't do what I wanted it to. Secondly, I did say exactly what is wrong. If the path does not start with http:// or https:// the extension refuses to load without even trying. This is not a technical reason, this is a developmental choice and why the other extension loads on Windows (because it doesn't give up the moment I input my file path). Lastly, the other extension works on Windows 8.1 and 10 merely by inputting file:// (path to file) despite it too saying it's not supported. The steps to reproduce the two star review are: 1) choose new URL 2) input anything that's not http:// or https:// 3) immediately uninstall and leave a poor review reflecting this design choice.
Thank you for making the extension (I didn't rate it one star) but the extensions design choice makes it unusable for local file hosting which works despite it not being officially supported. All I need(ed) it to do was auto open an HTML file from my machine (not cache but actually open to access ./css, ./js, etc) but I have since worked around this issue.
Odpověď vývojářezveřejněno před 4 letyAnd where is your GitHub issue where you are showing the other add-on and you local file? Sorry, it's not okay to give such reviews and telling the add-on does something wrong and not to say what exactly is wrong. And honestly, I can't believe that it works on Windows and not on Linux. So please provide the test case and steps to reproduce before giving bad reviews…
- od uživatele Uživatel Firefoxu - 14156277, před 4 letyHodnocení: 2 z 5I used this extension. At first, it was good and it gave me a blank new tab as I wished. Unless it occupied a huge space in the address bar (that even I could not sometimes find the actual address on the net), I was satisfied. But, after two weeks, I saw my Firefox working terribly, all icons were trembling when I was opening a new tab, it was truly irritating! After I removed this extension I saw Firefox is OK again. I do not know why it happened, just I know there was something wrong.