- 來自 Sans Undertale，3 個月前評價 4 分，滿分 5 分While my preferred Feed Reader on Desktop is the excellent FeedBro browser extension, I've been in the market for a decent way to keep feeds synced across multiple devices. I do enjoy using different feed readers on Mobile and Desktop, yes, but the drawback is that I have to manually mark read something on my phone after reading it on my Desktop and visa-versa.
This almost solves my problem. Feeds that I subscribe to are indeed synced across all my devices running Firefox (because they're saved as bookmarks), but there's one fatal flaw that keeps me from dumping FeedBro in favor of this, and I realize it's not something that can be resolved easily due to the limitations of being a browser extension. Simply put, if I subscribe to a feed on one device, it will only update on that device. I can access the feed from my other devices, but it will only refresh the feed on the device that it originated from.
I still give it four star because it DOES sync on technicality, but that's all it has going for it. In general, I find FeedBro to be the more feature rich (and less permission heavy) alternative at the cost of only having my feeds on one local device at a time.
Edit: Browsing the Git-Hub for this extension, I found this: https://github.com/nt1m/livemarks/issues/22 to be a fascinating read. A ongoing journal of past (failed) attempts to make proper Livemark Sync work across multiple devices. At present, the issue is still open, but not updated since 2019. This will be a fascinating development to watch over time, but I doubt there will be a solution soon unless Mozilla were to completely revise how Bookmarks are saved (or better yet, offer their OWN take on integrated RSS feeds in the Firefox Browser again after all these years).
- 來自 dr_white，1 年前評價 4 分，滿分 5 分I am sitting here stunned right now. I have been holding onto a v.56 fork of FF for years now solely because of Liveclick, the legendary livemarks enhancement addon that was sadly abandoned when it seemed RSS folder functionality had been made impossible in "Chromefox". And now here I am looking at the impossible on my bookmarks bar. I would swear I've read the name Tim Nguyen associated with addons in the past, too. In any case I can't express my appreciation for this breakthrough enough and I can only hope that Mozilla doesn't somehow wreck this feature YET AGAIN. Obviously what I and many other newsfeed junkies would love to see next is as much of Liveclick's power as possible added to this new extension. Being able to have the titles of unread articles shown in boldface was a godsend, with a configurable timer that would mark them as read after a certain number of seconds! I'm guessing its probably either very difficult or not even within reach, however, considering the lack of flexibility in anything with Chromium DNA. Ah, the days when it was all about empowering the user...how I want to see those times return :)
Suggestions that hopefully might be possible to implement without too much trouble:
* Option to keep FF from shortening titles of articles. I know FF has always had a stupid arbitrary limit to the length of titles on the bookmarks toolbar but I can't find a solution like Place's Full Titles any longer.
* Either a way to support the syncing of Livemarks to our FF account bookmarks or an export/import function just for Livemarks.
- 來自 Darth Biomech，2 年前評價 4 分，滿分 5 分Works fantastic. The only thing that I struggle with is the lack of control over the entries. Messed up import so here i go, deleting the livemarks one by one... Where's the "delete all" button when you need it.
- 來自 Firefox 使用者 14719962，3 年前評價 4 分，滿分 5 分The most Firefox like replacement for RSS feeds that I have found. Only two dings, and both are rather minor:
(1) Converting using an export was a pain, as the previous bookmark folder structure was lost on the import and it took an hour-plus to move around my 80+ feeds and get them back to where they were originally..
(2) I wish there was a way to disable the icon and only have the article title displayed -- it is a waste of screen real estate (this is my biggest gripe!).
Otherwise, as I said, the best replacement for letting it continue to appear as if FF is managing your feeds.
Also, it works well with latest release of Cliqz.
- 來自 Alex6，3 年前評價 4 分，滿分 5 分very convenient since the abandonment of RRS feed in native...
it just misses a small button to copy the address of the feed to the clipboard (if we use an external feed reader ...)
- 來自 Firefox 使用者 14510951，3 年前評價 4 分，滿分 5 分Use this addon to add and manually install live bookmarks from atom or rss, and then switch it off. In Quantum it pushes up CPU usage to the point my laptop fan came on, and Firefox was incredibly laggy. Now I know it's foibles, I'm happy to carry on using it - disabled most of the time - and Firefox is back to being fast.
- 來自 imqqmi，3 年前評價 4 分，滿分 5 分Thanks for bringing back the live rss bookmarks! How ironic it's based on an extension for chrome to provide Firefox like live bookmarks!
A few suggestions to improve:
- Done! Show which article is read
- Show icon of feed instead of the folder icon
- Remove icon in the drop down menu, some icons are annoying when displayed multiple times in a vertical row.
Keep up the good work!
- 來自 Firefox 使用者 12657887，3 年前評價 4 分，滿分 5 分Super! I was quite frightened when Ffx updated to v64 and reported the end of livemarks. Then I discovered this extension and I really like it. As the others already said: I also would appreciate read/unread flag and custom icons - then it would be a perfect 5 for me. Thanks anyway!
- 來自 Firefox 使用者 14496423，3 年前評價 4 分，滿分 5 分Live RSS were basically the reason I stick with Firefox ... Livemarks saves this, but with 2 (quite big) limits:
1. Your bookmark has an anonymous folder icon instead of the real website icon.
2. No way to track which feed you have already read or not.
- 來自 Thomas Bertels，3 年前評價 4 分，滿分 5 分Great replacement for the removed livemarks feature.
Only two missing things:
- custom icon for the feed title (instead of folder, a RSS one would be better)
- longer feed items titles length
I'm not sure if those two things are possible though.
I also have a bug: livemarks options pop-under (in Livemarks options) have a 5 seconds delay before getting displayed