- 来自 glocal，2 个月前评分 3 / 5I tried it with a local file with a black background which turned white. It seems my dark theme is not handled well. The local page works well normally. I removed the addon for now.
- 来自 DrOmedary，9 个月前评分 3 / 5I greatly appreciate the dedication and skill of the developer, yet this add-on grealty lacks in documentation.
Having disabled the chronicle in firefox there was no add-on icon and no error message whatsoever. I wasn't even aware there should be one and could not set up the new tab url.
I already quit on Firefox out of sheer frustration, but the next day I realized BY CHANCE that the error was in disabling the chronicle.
Sorry to be blunt, but software without documentation is a job half done. If you really want to help others, tell them how to use that nice add-on of yours.
- 来自 Firefox 用户 12563984，1 年前评分 3 / 5Ein nützliches Feature, das eigentlich zur Grundausstattung gehören sollte. Es ist mir -bei allem respekt- unverständlich,dass Firefox solche Ad-Ons "ausgesourct" hat. Deshalb Dank an den Entwickler für seine Mühen. Gleiches gilt für die Palatzierung der Tabs (oben/unten), all das war zur Start-Zeit von firefox eleganter und vor allem intuitiv nachvollziehbarer gelöst. Warum -um alles in der Welt- verzichtet man auf Bewähres zu Gunsten neuer unpraktischerer Veränderungen?
- 来自 Firefox 用户 14976658，2 年前评分 3 / 5The extension used to work great!!! Loved it. But until I can resolve the following problem, I disabled it. Recently, when opening a new tab, there is a pop-up window in the upper right of the page that says something about New Tab Override changing a page, and there appears to be 2 buttons to push below the warning. Problem is, it pops up then disappears before I can read the whole thing, or have a change to push either of the buttons. VERY ANNOYING. Always happens with the first new tab, and occasionally happens when an additional tab is opened. Windows 10. Not sure if this is a New Tab Override problem, or a Firefox problem. Keep getting passed to someone else.
- 来自 kootoopas，3 年前评分 3 / 5Good idea and direction. I also like that it's configurable. Although I wish the url was left blank (f.e. when setting the override to a background color) so that users can quickly type in the next address that they wish to visit, without having to clear the text input.
It's a shame that although it seems to have a lot of options, it hinders accessibility by populating the address bar with app metadata.
- 来自 Firefox 用户 12055580，3 年前评分 3 / 5I would like the cursor in the url when new tab is opened please so i can immediately start typing a web address? how can i do this?
at the moment when open a new tab (hompage is google) it places the cursor in the google search box.
can you let me know if this is possible please?
- 来自 Firefox 用户 14154519，3 年前评分 3 / 5A very helpful extension. Unfortunately, takes noticeable time to actually open the custom new tab page, so when I open a new tab to go to another website, the following happens:
- I copy the url I want to go to
- the extension kicks in and overrides my url with the custom page I set for new tab.
So the extension does wonders when I open the new tab for the custom page I set for it, but destroys my workflow otherwise.
- 来自 Dave-H，3 年前评分 3 / 5Sorry for the earlier mess-up, I wasn't familiar with how this review system works. I assumed that if a developer responded to a review, you could then respond to that response, but it appears not!
I just want to confirm that New Tab Override, if it's configured to open "about:blank" as a new tab, should produce the same result when clicking the "+" button on the tab bar as entering "about:blank" in the address bar and pressing "enter" does.
At the moment it doesn't seem to produce the same result. Is this by design? Thanks, Dave.
EDIT: Thanks Sören, that certainly explains the change of behaviour. It's unfortunate that my extension to automatically close empty pages does not now treat the empty pages generated by New Tab Override as it did before, but that's obviously not your fault! I've tried the about:config change, but unfortunately that seems to result in a new tab being the home page, not an empty blank tab, so it's not ideal either, but again not your problem! Many thanks again, cheers, Dave.There was a change in Firefox 60 with the result that about:blank is no longer usable as new tab page for WebExtensions. I don't know if this was a intended change or a side effect of another change, a bug. But the only thing I was able to do was to implement a workaround so that a empty new tab still works - even if there are differences to about:blank in the tab / address bar.
But if you really want an empty new tab you can change browser.newtabpage.enabled in about:config to false and you don't need an add-on at all.
- 来自 Firefox 用户 12465512，3 年前评分 3 / 5Clashes with extensions such as "Open Tabs Next to Current", making a new tab appear two tabs to the right instead of just to the right. Also lots of flashing of the tab bar when opening a new tab.
If the conflict with "Open Tabs Next to Current" could be solved, it would be great.