- 来自 Pete，6 个月前评分 4 / 5Quite good add-on. It needs some initial configuration (basically, exclude unwanted engines, add some others et.c.), after which it works well.
PS. `Google Translate` settings seems to be broken, easily fixable though.
- 来自 eyebrid，1 年前评分 4 / 5Very useful but currently buggy: Any change to settings are not saved, even within an active session: Checked "Make new tab active" and switched options at the top of menu, close settings, test and first search engine is not displayed in menu. Reopen settings, all reverted to default. Made changes again, unchecked and rechecked first search, works for the rest of the session but reverts to default again when opening settings or closing firefox. Exported settings to file, but importing does nothing. Try adding a save button in settings.Thanks for reporting this bug. I've entered a new issue on GitHub: https://github.com/odebroqueville/contextSearch/issues/92 . In the future, would be great if you would report bugs or feature requests on GitHub. In the mean time, importing only applies to search engines and not options. Perhaps this is something we should look into going forward.
- 来自 manfromix，1 年前评分 4 / 5It does not work for me too:
1. it is absent in context menu
2. list of search engines in settings is empty
and stays empty after settings reset
3. Tries to add custom engine are not successful
P.S. It started working after plugin reinstalling. Issue to github was added.Would you please file bugs on GitHub, here: https://github.com/odebroqueville/contextSearch/issues
We need to know your versions of Firefox, Context Search and your OS. We also need to know which steps were taken to produce the bug. If you have a backup, i.e. if you've already exported your search engines, then I would recommend removing Context search from your browser, restarting your browser and re-installing Context search. Finally, you can import your search engines.
- 来自 Polo，1 年前评分 4 / 5very good add on ,just one thing is the icon is very old fashioned ,could you please re design the icon to be more model like material design ? thanksHi polo, thanks for your review. Are you any good at designing icons (we are not!). If you find an icon which you think would be better suited and that we can buy and use, then please share the link with us. We're always open to suggestions!
- 来自 platinum，1 年前评分 4 / 5In response to your question "After you've imported your custom search engine (after the Firefox update to version 79), does the problem disappear or do you continuously have to re-import your custom search engines after restarting Firefox?"
Yes, the issue is still there everytime I restart Firefox.Strange! I'm having difficulties trying to reproduce this bug. Would you mind entering an issue over at https://github.com/odebroqueville/contextSearch/issues detailing the steps that will allow us to reproduce the bug. Please also include the version of Firefox you're using and your operating system.
- 来自 Sarkos，1 年前评分 4 / 5It's a useful add-on, but I have an issue and seemingly no way to report it, since the github repo has disappeared. So here it is: could you please remove all of the console.log calls from the selection.js file?
- 来自 Firefox 用户 15241320，2 年前评分 4 / 5Its great., however can I suggest one feature:
Would love for a few of the searches to be directly on the right click menu rather under the Context Search drop down menu.
- 来自 Firefox 用户 15126044，2 年前评分 4 / 5This one now deletes my custom search engines whenever I open the browser, but it used to work perfectly. Hopefully, there will be a fix for this soon. I appreciate all the hard work done by the developers to make a great add-on.
- 来自 Getoffthisplanet，3 年前评分 4 / 5Been using this add-on for about a year and other than a couple small issues it works great.
Ordering the list of search engines is a little tedious.
I can't say I'm happy with the exif reader in 3.72, I'd like to have an option to remove it.Context Search Lite has been released. It's the same as Context Search but without added functionalities such as the Exif Viewer. https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/context-search-lite/
- 来自 Firefox 用户 13300061，3 年前评分 4 / 5Unfortunately, the add-on v 3.71 has stopped working again, the context menu was gone. I am very upset!
Old versions of FF has crashed at start!
Today It hasn't been worked. Then I have REinstalled (latest) firefox. I previously saved the file of my own search engines (synchronized with my firefox account for lovely addons, saved my browser bookmarks - it did not need to be restored). It has been start working. :) But I have lost S3.Translator. This addon required own reactivation solutions.
Now I using only old version 3.69 which available right-here.
- 来自 Alan O，3 年前评分 4 / 5It's a great addon, but it don't recognize the search engines I had in firefox and the import option needs a .json file that I haven't.
EDIT: Well, I can export json file but when I import json file, only have "undefined" search engines.Hi Alan, Thanks for your review. You first need to backup your search engines by exporting them. That'll generate the .json file you can later import if ever you should lose your list of favourite search engines. Let me know if you have any other questions.
- 来自 Firefox 用户 13545587，3 年前评分 4 / 5Nice add-on, but where is the grid option?
Thanks for the response, can we have an option to use the grid without shift-clicking? Like, when it's "on" in settings, it shows the grid right away, and if it's "off" it works just like it does atm.
- 来自 doogle11，3 年前评分 4 / 5Works pretty well for the most part. The feature I'd like to use the most is the JSON import, however, it doesn't seem to do anything when I load the JSON file from the FF profile folder. Am I doing something wrong? Running this on Mac High SierraI'm not sure which JSON you're using. I'd recommend exporting, i.e. downloading, the JSON file from the extension's preferences page. Then you can keep it as a backup and upload it (also from the extension's preferences page) whenever you wish. There's no need to mingle with files in your ffx profile folder. Hope this helps!
- 来自 AtsmonY，3 年前评分 4 / 5I like your extension, and it is great I can configure it.
One issue that happened lately is that the shortcut keys in the address bar are not caught by the extension.
for example, I defined "gg" as a shortcut to search in google.com
I use a Quantum 64bit Firefox, with address bar & search bar combined (not separated)
when I type in the bar "gg FIFA world cup", for example, I get the google search results for "gg FIFA...". That is to say that my "gg" is not interpreted as a keyword.
If you can fix it, I promise to add a star in another review.You need to precede "gg FIFA world cup" with "cs " so that the Context Search can identify that it is being requested. You should therefore type the following "cs gg FIFA world cup" in the url address bar. Try it out and let me know how things go.