- Оцінка 2 з 5від Користувач Firefox 14682139, 3 години томуFirst I tried downloading a video to an mkv file. The download seemed to go okay until "aggregation", which had my old laptop on its knees (20% done after working all night).
Then I tried downloading an MP4. No conversion needed, so it should be great, right? NO SOUND.
Goodbye Video DownloadHelper!
- Оцінка 2 з 5від jhjohnston97, 15 днів томуNot working anymore. I turned off automatic updates for firefox at least in hopes that there is a new VDH update in the future. The companion app is also up to date, so its not that. Even with firfox being the only app open and only the one video tab I'm trying to download, the video still skips frames, but the audio is fine.
- Оцінка 2 з 5від casoum, 15 днів томуI was using this addon a long time ago and I wanted to watch a video later (with no internet access), so I remembered this addon.
I've watch my video with a huge watermark (I did not saw any warning about this before the process was complete).
I get that development takes times (and money) but not sure this is the best way to have user pay for this...
- Оцінка 2 з 5від snow, місяць томуUsed to work great but now it seems every video I download with it has broken audio - sound stutters and then drops out completely after a short time. If you resume the video or fast forward before sound drops you can get a bit further but it breaks eventually; sound is there but it can't play proprly.
- Оцінка 2 з 5від magiclantern, 2 місяці томуBeware most 5 star reviews for this extension appear to be fake. This extension (at least on macOS) requires additional software to be installed to work, and even if you've already done that it works poorly.
There is probably a better downloader out there - not sure which though.
It did download something from Vimeo which is what I needed, but after running for over an hour, still had not generated a video file in my chosen output directory. Source video was less than 1 hour long.
I discovered that it downloaded a video mp4 and an audio mp4 and was attempting to combine them. After running for almost an hour, it had produced a 12 minute video with a very large QR code taking up about 1/8 of the upper right of the screen.
I killed that process and just ran `ffmpeg -i tmpvideofile.mp4 -i tmpaudiofile.mp4 -c copy mycombinedfile.mp4` and it completed in about 10 seconds.
So in short, this *will* download something for you, but you're better off doing the combining on your own.
- Оцінка 2 з 5від Користувач Firefox 17502667, 2 місяці томуIba a poner 5 estrellas porque de verdad era muy bueno, pero no sé qué pasó ultimamente que graba los videos como sea, imágenes pasan a velocidad y no corresponden al audio
- Оцінка 2 з 5від EsZett, 4 місяці томуLangsam, ein zusätzliches Programm ist notwendig und dann noch ein hässlicher QR-Code im Video. Früher mal top, jetzt flop :(
P.S. die zusätzliche Software lässt sich nicht rückstandslos deinstallieren
- Оцінка 2 з 5від Stylu, 4 місяці томуI use to love it - still do but apparently I noticde that it is slowing down everything in my browser. Every player from Reddit, Facebook and other websites except youtube gets slowed down and it takes forever to get to HD quality. So I have to disable it until I need to download something again.
- Оцінка 2 з 5від Zabadoh, 4 місяці томуAnnoying.
First of all installation: It requires a "helper program" to be downloaded and installed to your PC separately.
Then the plugin downloads the video, but spends your CPU cycles to add an annoying QR code for the developer to the downloaded video, adding BOTH delay AND annoyance to the download process.
If I wanted a QR code added to the video that I want to save, then I would ask for it.
Useless and annoying. Don't bother installing this
- Оцінка 2 з 5від Matthieu, 4 місяці томуthe QR code hard coded on every recorded video is too big and too annoying. Asking 20 bucks for such a small software which uses open source libraries to convert video is way above legitimate.
- Оцінка 2 з 5від Користувач Firefox 17407360, 5 місяців томуFor many months I used this extension to download videos smoothly and efficiently from any website. But now this tool is not working properly for unknown reason. My browser is Firefox on Windows 11 and the same laptop, which is MS Surface Book 2. Any explanation or solution would be much appreciated.