- Оцінка 1 з 5від Vasili Gulevich, 6 років томуLatest version requests permissions to delete browsing data. Why proxy management software would do that?
Please move that function into a dedicated plugin and use only necessary permissions in each.
I'm not worried about a plugin stealing my data. I just don't want to have a bloated do-it all plugin, that uses permissions it does not need.
I agree, that different contexts when using different proxies may be useful, but that is supposed to be done with https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons/WebExtensions/API/contextualIdentities and not with data deletion. Even then, it's probably a scope of a different dedicated plugin.
I would also like to point out, that if you decide to remove browsing data access later, it will be a removal of a well-used feature (and much more users will come yelling), while now it is an addition of an unnecessary quirk.
To be less negative, let me say it in a different way. I adore the simplicity of previous version, with a little bit of UI polishing it would easily become my favorite plugin. Please don't take that true quality of a dedicated tool from us.Some people want to delete browsing data when switching proxy servers. Right now there is a button in FoxyProxy to delete browsing data manually, but we also want to add the option to delete it automatically when proxies are switched. Why are you so upset about it? Do you think FoxyProxy is stealing your browsing data? Because if it wanted to, it could already do that before these new permissions--simply by watching all traffic going through your proxy servers. Of course, it doesn't do that, but you are no less secure with these new permissions than before; that is my point.
- Оцінка 1 з 5від Користувач Firefox 13885219, 6 років томуWhy would I want to allow a proxy switcher to clear my recent browsing history, cookies, and related data!? A proxy switcher should only make sure the appropriate proxy is used nothing else.
- Оцінка 1 з 5від JD Baldwin, 6 років томуWAY WAY WAY over-complex. I just want simple SIMPLE management of proxy switching. There were so many great little apps to do this but now the only proxy manager the new versions of FF accepts is this godawful thing. It's completely incomprehensible. I can't get a little quick-switch button on the toolbar. I have a master's degree in computer science and I've been working in IT for over 25 years -- AND I CANNOT MAKE THIS THING WORK. Please give us a stripped-down version that just does simple, straightforward proxy-switching without all the crazy baked in.
- Оцінка 1 з 5від lfkempe, 6 років томуSeriously? Permission to download files and change download history? sounds sketchy...
Otherwise I have been using foxyproxy for 5+ years or so and love it, and I understand firefox >= 57 is a big change and it will probably take some time to get thing working as it should again, but i won't use a plugin with those permissions.The previous FoxyProxy, which you've been using for 5 years, had those permissions and even more: in fact, it had unfettered access to your entire computer (just like every other legacy Firefox addon). It had the ability format your hard drive or steal your passwords. That's because Firefox 56 and earlier didn't have restrictions for addons... at all. The new version of FoxyProxy is much more restricted because of this permissions system.
Permission to "download files" is required for exporting your settings to a file (which you can then share to other devices for importing). That is how Firefox chose to allow add-ons to write to the local filesytem: you have to trick Firefox into thinking that writing a file (your exported settings) is really a download. The "download history" permission is required simply because Firefox does not allow add-ons to specify just "download files" without "download history". Internally, nothing is done with download history. This is open source software and you can view the code yourself at https://code.getfoxyproxy.org
- Оцінка 1 з 5від RussC, 6 років томуThis is a giant step back from the wonderful functionality I've come to enjoy as a professional. I realise that this is free software but as it stands right now I am looking for the old version and I will be seeking an alternative.
So much functionality has been lost and a terrifying new GUI put in place, as a professional who relies on the ability to switch proxies I can no longer recommend this to anyone other than a user who has very simple needs.
I can understand that you may need to make progress at some point but really this should've stayed at an Alpha/Beta stage until the majority of features worked.
I wonder how much damage has been done to your reputation for switching this addon in such a state and I really worry for the future of FoxyProxy.
- Оцінка 1 з 5від Xavier Haenen, 6 років томуLast update removed my proxies and trying to import an old save export file doesn't work????
In the old version you could choose socks and now not more?
When will you fix this?
- Оцінка 1 з 5від took, 6 років томуThis is crazy! All the previous settings are gone, and even worse, the new version does not work at all!! It also has so few options/functions that it is not possible to set up the proxy and patterns as in the old version.
- Оцінка 1 з 5від noisegate95, 6 років томуWith no warning, all my proxies are deleted - with one simple behind the scenes and silent update. Now I have to go find my backup, grab the xml, restore the older version, and restore the file. Just what I feel like doing on a Monday morning, at work.
No way to import as the button does nothing.
Working with Firefox, and all its extensions, if just getting too damn difficult anymore.