- 5 üzerinden 4 puanyazan: Alex Mirnov, bir ay önceAVIF is not converted. Example, from the site: hitomi.la
Geliştiricinin yanıtıgönderilme: bir ay önceThank you for using this addon. I have investigated the matter. As far I can verify avif images are converted including those of the site you mentioned. However this site uses a protection to avoid hot linking. To avoid that other websites show images that they are hosting. This causes an issue since it also interferes with the download mechanism of the addon. Fixing this is hard since these kind of measures are site specific. However downloading them reopening and than converting works though this approach defeats the purpose of a single step solution.
- 5 üzerinden 4 puanyazan: Citizen, bir yıl önceAbsolutely fantastic for .webp images, but .avif conversion is unreliable currently.
Geliştiricinin yanıtıgönderilme: bir yıl önceThank you for your review, detecting avif is a bit harder than other types of images since avif images can identify themself in multiple ways. Most ways are already tackled but if you found one that wasn't I am happy to hear about it such that it can be added. Do you have an example of an avif image that did not convert?
- 5 üzerinden 4 puanyazan: ROGUE7474, 2 yıl önceGreat at converting WebP images, but I can't get the Avif images to convert. Using the latest Firefox browser. Any help would be great.
Geliştiricinin yanıtıgönderilme: 2 yıl önceHi thank you for your review and raising your concern. It could be that you found an avif image that is not yet supported by the Avif detection algorithm. Also in case you have installed other extensions there could be a chance that they would interfere with the conversion. Alternatively a webserver is simply serving jpg, png or another format image while wrongfully adding the .avif extension.
To be sure could you please verify you can see and convert the avif image on this page: https://libre-software.net/avif-test/ ? if not try resetting the addon and try again. If this image works and you can convert it please send the image or a link to the image you are trying to convert. Than I can analyze it and if nessecary update the algorithm.
- 5 üzerinden 4 puanyazan: peegies, 2 yıl önceSo while this addon works and does a good job, I find that every time i view any image in a new tab, the current tab will auto scroll to the bottom (as if you pressed End key) and display some random text about the image
Type: HTML (document.contentType=text/html)
Dimensions: 1px × 1px
Size: 0.07 KB (67) (transferred 0.41 KB (419) in 0.26 seconds)
I can of course save the image as a jpg/png or whatever that way but I don't always want to do this and this happens whether the image is webp / avif or jpg / png or whatever.
Geliştiricinin yanıtıgönderilme: 2 yıl önceThank you for taking the time to write a review. However this addon does not add the random information to the image you write about. From what you wrote it seems to me that you have the add-on "Save webP as PNG or JPEG (Converter)" installed (aswell) that does have this behavior but is unrelated to this add-on
- 5 üzerinden 4 puanyazan: Xi, 3 yıl önceIt works, but every time when saving images I have to enter file extension manually, not very convenient, can you make it to add file extension automatically? Thanks.
- 5 üzerinden 4 puanyazan: GenDemo, 4 yıl önceGreat and easy to use no problem. I love how you can set the settings for different source file type.
It would be great with this new stupid webp format, if you either had 2 options to save as .gif or as .jpg; or if it detected automatically if it was an image or a gif.
- 5 üzerinden 4 puanyazan: Cherwally, 4 yıl önceIt will be nice if the contextual option will appear only when right click on active conversion types!
Like example i only need WEBP to PNG, but i don't need the contextual menu on any right click.
- 5 üzerinden 4 puanyazan: Luca, 4 yıl önceI would have given 5 stars if it converted to PNGs without any quality loss.
When I convert a clean WEBP (no artifacts) to PNG, the resulting file will show artifacts, this shouldn't be happening with a lossless format.
Even if it's technically possible to create a lossy non-standard PNG with reduced file size, that shouldn't be the standard way, if that't the case I suggest an option to change this behavior.
Thank you for creating this plugin!