yazan: Xi, 8 ay önce
5 üzerinden 4 puan
It works, but every time when saving images I have to enter file extension manually, not very convenient, can you make it to add file extension automatically? Thanks.
- yazan: Jolteon, 2 ay önce5 üzerinden 5 puanMy Doctor told me that if I hadn't found this tool, I would've died from stress in just three weeks. Okay, that never happened, but what DID happen is that ALL the frustration of just trying to get some nice new wallpapers off the web went from tedium and having to manually convert image after image, to just a one-click breeze. Thank you!
- yazan: Firefox kullanıcısı 16399158, 3 ay önce5 üzerinden 5 puanThis has seriously made my life soooo much easier! This does exactly what I need it to do without throttling my download speeds and without capping your daily"conversion limit." I seriously recommend this, and I usually never write reviews for extensions, but this seriously saved me from such a headache.
- yazan: Firefox kullanıcısı 13788823, 6 ay önce5 üzerinden 5 puanThis worked beautifully until today (July 13, 2021). Has something changed? Nothing happens when I click on the link to convert. Previously, it was perfect. Thanks.
EDIT: Thanks for responding. After following the instructions, nothing changed. Could Ghostery or one of those blockers be affecting it?
EDIT: It doesn't work on any page. I used to be able to left-click on my iMac mouse, and get the option to save a file. Now, nothing happens. However, the usual options for saving images in Firefox work, but not this app. Thanks.
EDIT Jul 13 2021 10.12pm. It works! Thanks so much. I'm using Firefox 78.12esr. Thanks very much. If I have any more issues, I will add them to this review. Revising rating, too. 5/5 Thanks again.
Geliştiricinin yanıtıgönderilme: 6 ay önceedit: Thank you for sorting that out. I have done some additional validation and found there was an issue with Firefox 85 and earlier. The required permissions to use some API features changed. I have adapted the addon to deal with this issue. Could you please verify if version 1.2.2 is working again or not?
edit: I am using multiple blockers myself and as far as I know they do not affect the working. Does the addon never function or only on a certain page / image? can you verify this by testing it on images on e.g. wikipedia?
Hi, yes something did change. The extension was updated and additional settings have been added. However this should not have had any effect on your experience. There was a minor issue with the initial update however a fix has been released version 1.2.1 is the most recent.
Please try to reset the "webp image converter" configuration in the addon's options page. This page can be reached by either clicking on the browser button on the top right of your browser window. (The button the webp image converter icon as image). Or by navigating to addon management page (enter about:addons in the adressbar) than click on the three dots next to "webp image converter" entry
In the options navigate to the "generic" and switch to a "advanced" mode than hit reset and confirm.
Reconfigure your favorite settings and try again. If the problems keep persisting please let me know
- yazan: Sareth, 8 ay önce5 üzerinden 5 puanHey! It's me again who tried to help you yesterday or earlier today with the long message, or at least try haha.
It didn't let me respond to your message so figured I'd just leave another review.
Anyway, I just realized how dumb I actually am. I didn't realize the add-on would create another sub-menu in your context menu when you right click on an image!!
I saw the "Convert and save your images as" add-on feature! I feel like this should have been obvious for me but for some reason I went straight to the normal "Save As" and I thought it would automatically convert images from there to .png and .jpg.
So maybe others are running into the exact same problem I did and didn't realize there was another menu for it haha. At least I think so.
But yeah, right now, extension works perfectly so far!
However on Twitter it seems like when you try to save an image using the extension you have to type in file extension manually. Reddit and Facebook it seems to work fine though!
Here is the Twitter image I tried to save, but I think it happens pretty much with any Twitter image
I am going to guess where people had this problem the most in my opinion was maybe Reddit, it's so far the only place where I saw it saved images as .webp.
Twitter and Facebook by default saves the images in .png or .jpg when you do the original Save As way.
Unless of course you need more help, then I won't leave another review haha.
But yeah, good luck and keep up the good work!
- yazan: AshiAshi, 9 ay önce5 üzerinden 5 puanI'd love to use this extension, from the looks of it it's incredibly convenient. For this reason, I've installed it - but none of the quality sliders are working for me. I can't move them at all, no matter what I try. For as far as I can tell if I read other reviews, maybe it's because I'm using Windows 7?
[Edited after reading the response of the developer]
Thank you for taking the time to test it. Your explanation is spot on and clarifies why I can't move the sliders. The only file types I want to convert, are .bmp and .webp ones and I've set both to be converted to .png files. The rest says 'Don't convert' (though I thought it was logical for their sliders not to move, I just didn't understand why the other 2 wouldn't). I get it now. (And just to be sure, I checked and noticed that if I say I want a file to be converted into a .jpg one, I'm able to move the slider just fine.)
Thanks again for your time, and for your response. It was helpful <3I have just tested the add on with firefox on windows 7. The sliders seem to work as they are supposed to. Please note that they only work for conversions to .jpg. png is a lossless format and therefore quality cannot be reduced thus the sliders are grayed out.
In other encoders you might be able to provide something like a compression level. This however changes the amount of compression applied to the image, and does not affect the image quality. Only the filesize is reduced or increased at the cost of encoding and decoding times, the content of the file will be the same. Changeing the compression level is not available in the firefox build in encoder en thus not provided.
- yazan: Sandi, 9 ay önce5 üzerinden 1 puanWhat happened to this? It worked great and suddenly stopped working in FF, the context menu is still there but does nothing.
This was amazing at converting webp to jpg.
Please fix this